The successful Credit Manager will develop and recommend policies and procedures that govern credit, collection and cash application. Investigate and review credit risks using established sources of information and practices consistent with the field. Supervise and mentor a staff oftwo persons who support the departmental objectives. Develop relevant reporting that will keep management informed on customer issues, credit usage and relevant trends.
- Establish, maintain and enforce the companys credit and collection policy
- Manage a staff of two, who apply daily cash receipts, make collection inquiries on delinquent accounts and investigate customer disputes and claims.
- Review new customer applications and assess credit worthiness
- Manage collections on a limited portfolio of large/strategic accounts
- Maintain customer master information
- Coordinate the credit hold/release process
- Prepare monthly analysis of allowance for bad debts
- Manage credit risk by establishing, maintaining and adjusting credit limits based on evolving customer credit profiles
- Prepare dynamic reports on A/R health including past dues and status of credit usage
- Able to interpret customer financial information and translate to an objective credit review
- Coordinate deduction review processes and assist other departments where necessary
- Provide a weekly cash receipt forecast to the Contoller
- Demonstrate expert knowledge of various A/R analytics; contribute to KPI goal setting and interpret actual results versus plan
- Ensure maximum benefits are being generated by the newly acquired Cforia A/R automation software
- Be the point person to external customers (auditors, Corporate Accounting and Corporate Treasury) with respect to inquiries related to A/R and cash receipt activities
The selected candidate will have the following:
- B.S. degree in accounting, finance or related field
- 7 + years of progressive experience in the field of credit and collections
- Previous supervisory experience
- Demonstrate exposure to a progressive and proactive credit environment
- Proficient in MS office applications
- Proficient in written and oral communication
- AS400 or comparable ERP experience required
- Experience with A/R automation software a plus
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Precoat Metals - 16 months ago
Sequa serves the aerospace and metal coatings sectors through its two primary operating segments. Chromalloy Gas Turbine, its largest unit,...