Assess credit and financial capacity of existing and potential customers and establish credit lines and terms of sale.
Collect notes and accounts receivable.
Work with local management and sales to resolve disputes.
Communicate to all levels both internally and externally.
Report to a Credit Committee on a monthly basis.
Main Tasks/ Responsibilities:
- Assess credit and financial capacity of existing and potential customers
- Prepare various month-end local and regional receivables reports to include the Group Standings and Exception reports
- Maintain and update customer master with all addresses and pricing control changes
- Ensure that customer and internal information is safeguarded
- Review all required credit documents in order to establish credit limits. Communicate decisions to the local management
- Review all requests for credit limit increases and approve, modify or decline accordingly.
- Communicate and negotiate with customers regarding account payment
- Monitor collection of receivables and related items for business groups as needed
- Work with local management teams to resolve customer accounts
- Monitor credit hold screens and review of all orders on credit hold. Communicate any and all decisions to local management
- Administer credit and collections policies and procedures
- Secure interests of company via agreements, UCC filings, PPSA, PSMI, and legal counsel
- Assist in creating and participating in the Credit Committee to consist of Operational Leaders, Credit Managers, CFO and Director of Business Center
- Develop work strategies and goals to reduce exposure to write-offs
- Reconcile General Ledger and customer accounts to supporting detail
- Other projects/duties as assigned
Education/Professional Qualifications required for the position:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/Business Administration or equivalent work experience preferred
- 5 - 10 years of experience in collections/accounts receivable procedures, preferably in the same or related industry
- Proficient skills required in following areas: problem solving and analysis, interpersonal, verbal and written communications and organization
- Keen attention to detail
- Ability to interface with all levels across the organization
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office
- Work with others in a Team / Office environment
- Able to perform duties effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Limited amount of overnight travel
Appropriate US work authorization required.
Sponsorship not supported by Volvo for this position.
Volvo Group - 7 months ago
Drivers looking for the iconic boxy station wagon beware; these Volvos don't haul families. Volvo Construction Equipment North America...