Senior Credit Officer
(Vice President or Assistant Vice President)
Department: Credit Department
Reports to: Chief Credit Risk Officer (CCRO)
Performs independent, in-depth, credit and financial statement analysis to assess and evaluate the financial condition of middle market Corporate (C&I) clients and new and existing Commercial Real Estate (CRE) facilities. Prepares written credit analysis/reviews. Assists CCRO in preparation of management reports, oversight of annual review process and other tasks as needed.
Analyze financial data from clients, banks, rating agencies, internet resources, and securities firms. Perform financial analysis of data to determine continued credit worthiness and maintenance of covenants; prepare written credit analyses/reviews and other financial data for CCRO review; assist in the preparation of credit proposals for Credit Committee approval.
· Spread financial statements in accordance with prescribed format
· Analyze financial statements and supplementary information, perform a detailed evaluation of the customer's credit capacities, and write detailed reports outlining the customer's financial condition.
· Review trends in the customer's business, comparing previous years.
· Review industry trends.
· On-going, reviews financial statements and related information to determine borrower's compliance with covenants
· Prepare various periodic reports with respect to the portfolio
· Participate in customer meetings as requested by the lending staff
· Provide customer service support by responding to customer inquiries and requests.
Assists with maintenance of Credit Files
Other duties as assigned
Minimum Job Requirements:
Education: Bachelor's degree in economics, accounting, business, or finance or equivalent experience and specialized education in credit analysis (e.g. completion of formal credit training program); Master's degree a plus;
Experience: 10+ years experience in commercial lending and commercial real estate credit analysis at a financial institution.
Specific Skills: Excellent computer skills; proven ability to write reports and business correspondence; good interpersonal skills; some supervisory experience is desirable.
Specialized Knowledge (Licenses, Certifications, etc.): knowledge of financial spreading programs a plus.
May supervise junior credit analysts
Internal Working Relationships
Works with CCRO, Commercial Loan Officers, and Loan Administration staff.
External Working Relationships
Extensive contact with clients and potential clients, other banks, and rating agencies.
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements
Office environment; extensive PC work.