Credit PnL Analyst
The Credit P&L Team provides a full and dedicated support to the Credit Trading business. The bank has a substantial Credit derivative trading presence in London, New York, and Hong Kong.
The position is as a Product Controller / P&L Analyst for the Credit Trading desk in New York. The selected candidate will report to the P&L Team Supervisor. The role will encompass daily P&L responsibilities and the successful candidate will need to fully understand and explain the key P&L drivers.
The individual will be required to establish effective working relationships with both Front Office and other areas of support. (e.g. Market Risk, Finance & IT) - allowing for an integrated and proactive approach to the business’ requirements, understanding the lifecycles of the products traded and the systems and reporting mechanisms required to enable full control and accurate and appropriate information to be supplied.
• Producing daily P&L based on the Official P&L systems.
• Reconciling P&L to Front office estimates
• Daily P&L Attribution
• Working with Front Office and Trade Support to resolve operational and booking issues
• Working with Front Office and Market Risk to finalise month end P&L
• Discussing and reviewing trading P&L’s with management
• Producing the relevant sections of the month end file.
• Ensuring the monthly Management P&L’s are consistent with the final end of month general ledger P&L
• Monitoring the FX exposure of the group
• Previous experience (2 yrs+) in a P&L Control, Financial Control or Credit Middle Office environment
• Significant Daily P&L production experience a plus
• Strong academic background required
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills a must
• Excellent knowledge of financial markets with emphasis on Fixed Income. CDS, CDX, CDO, Tranches, and overall credit knowledge advantageous
• Strong Excel/PC skills with proven ability to work with multiple systems
• The successful candidate will need to demonstrate a strong desire to learn the processes and products
• A spirit of continuous improvement is essential
• Knowledge of the Greeks
• Ability to work in a fast paced environment
• Ability to consistently meet deadlines
• Attention to detail and accuracy imperative
FINANCIAL AND TECHNICAL EXPERTISE
Bachelor Degree / BSc Degree or equivalent
At least 2 years
One of Europe's largest banks, BNP Paribas operates about 7,300 branches in more than 80 countries across Europe, North America,...