The PortfolioManager is responsible for the daily review, managing and tracking of merchant cash flow performance and daily/monthly metrics reporting for the Senior Management Committee. The Portfolio Analyst also performs a detailed analysis of contract change requests pertaining to existing merchants established on the Rewards Network program. Once reviewed, the Portfolio Analyst then makes a decision to either approve or decline changes requested that will affect the performance of a specified merchant. The objective of this role is to monitor managed volumes and requested changes to existing contracts, while mitigating risk, maintaining profitability, and administering the requested change to the existing contract.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Reviews the original contract that was approved by members of the credit team for the existing merchants under the original guidelines set forth for each individual merchant.
- Assesses the impact of the requested change from the sales partners or clients to determine the impact it will have not only on the original deal terms and profitability, but also the merchant.
- Issues approvals for contract change requests or counter-offers with recommendations in cases where we are unable to issue an approval and explains why.
- Interacts extensively with all levels of management on requests presented outside of policy and with multiple departments within Rewards Network.
- Reviews merchant cash flow performance on a daily basis and executes changes to marketing in order to control cash flow expectations within specified approved levels.
- Creates and maintains daily/monthly metrics reports for merchant performance, new business, and managing/contract change requests, using internal data.
- Works on additional projects as necessary, as directed by the Credit Management Team, as it pertains to credit policy and compliance.
- May be called upon to educate all levels of the organization on matters of performance, expectations and perceived trends, gathered during the portfolio analysis.
Formal Education & Certification:
- Approximately two years of college education is preferred.
Knowledge & Experience:
- Minimum of three years experience analyzing consumer and/or commercial credit.
- Minimum of three years credit approval authority.
- Demonstrated knowledge of database and spreadsheet applications and ability to complete data entry accurately and efficiently.
- Must enjoy working with numbers and have an affinity for portfolio analysis.
- Strong interpersonal skills required; position requires difficult, professional discussions with sales management to balance the companys risk appetite and companys need to purchase receivables.
- Strong sales skills to negotiate difficult solutions with sales management, and ability to present difficult credits to senior company management.
- High level of attention to detail necessary to collect, analyze, verify and make appropriate changes to contracts.
Position Requirements (continued):
- Ability to work as a member of a team or independently, as needed
- Ability to communicate with others in order to gather and exchange information.
- Ability to respond to telephone inquiries.
- Ability to continually proofread, and check and verify contracts for accuracy.
- Ability to use a keyboard and video display terminal to enter, retrieve, and/or audit information and data on a continual basis.
****APPLY HERE FOR IMMEDIATE CONSIDERATION : http://hire.jobvite.com/j/?aj=okR4WfwV&s=Jobvite
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Rewards Network - 20 months ago
Meet Rewards Network®
Headquartered in Chicago, Rewards Network® is a company with an appetite for big ideas. We power the...