The Credit Representative is responsible for the timely processing of credit applications and communications of these decisions in order to maximize portfolio performance, while minimizing exposure to delinquency and loss. The role of the Credit Representative serves as a training ground for potential movement into a Credit Analyst role.
- Analyze individual credit applications and provide an assessment of the applicant's credit risk using the Fair Isaac model.
- Work under close supervision with the Regional Credit Manager in the review of assigned credit applications.
- Function as a team member in the handling of regional credit applications.
- Exhibit a desire to learn acceptable buying standards within the automotive finance industry.
- Answer a high volume of incoming telephone calls while maintaining Service Center Standards for telephone etiquette.
- Effectively deliver the individual credit decision to dealership personnel.
- Respond to all dealership inquiries in a timely and consistent manner.
- Demonstrate a willingness to listen to dealers' opposing viewpoints with an even disposition.
- The Credit Representative must demonstrate the ability to learn and expand their knowledge of VCI credit policies, procedures and products.
- Some travel required to regional dealer markets and regional sales offices.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Experience in the automotive or finance industry
- Above average typing skills
- PC literacy
- Basic proficiency in Excel
This will be a full time hourly position with a requirement to work a 40 hour work week from Tuesday through Saturday. Overtime will be required based on business needs which may include Sundays and Holidays. The schedule includes the following shifts: 8-5, 9-6 and 10-7. Some travel required to regional dealer markets and regional sales offices.
Volkswagen Group of America
- 2 years ago - save job
Volkswagen Group of America, Inc. is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Volkswagen AG, the world's fourth largest automaker and the largest...