The Credit Review Analyst II is responsible for performing independent, unbiased monitoring and assessments of the company's credit activities. The Analyst II will work with management to investigate originations, validate assessments, summarize findings, and utilize results to make appropriate, recommendations and suggestions for reducing or eliminating origination deficiencies. This position will formally and informally report results on a variety of origination topics and channels to multiple departments within GM Financial. |
OTHER IMPORTANT DUTIES
- Apply auto finance experience, corporate policies, procedures and departmental research to accurately identify loan origination deficiencies.
- Assess various outputs of Credit Review to ensure a consistent level of quality, accuracy and compliance to departmental standards and internal controls.
- Utilize results to provide formal, written reports with viable recommendations for improvement of business operations, efficiencies, policies, systems, and internal controls.
- Work with team members of Credit Review and within the company to identify, quantify and train on origination weaknesses and recommend change when necessary.
- Assist in the development and support of models, analysis, and reporting related to the soundness of credit or collection activities.
- Ensure project/review completion by understanding project expectations and deadlines, overcoming obstacles and communicating progress, delays and issues to management.
Reports to: Credit Review Manager
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Direct Reports: none
- Advanced understanding of the auto finance industry, including underwriting and funding originations from various direct and indirect business channels.
- Apply knowledge and critical thinking skills in day-to-day problems and solutions.
- Working knowledge in the fields of statistics, accounting, and/or consumer credit.
- Familiarity with GM Financial's internal policies and procedures preferred.
- Ability to plan, execute and improve work processes to ensure achievement of business objectives.
- Organized and detail oriented.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication and skills.
- Ability to use appropriate objective analysis, judgment, and logic.
- Sound self-management skills and ability to undertake multiple tasks with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work and participate on team projects.
- Bachelor's degree in related business field preferred or equivalent work experience.
- 3-5 years automobile lending experience is required.
- Credit review experience in consumer lending environment that is highly dependant on credit scoring preferred.
Normal office environment. Must be able to cope with the stress meeting project deadlines.