Rabo AgriFinance is backed by Rabobank, a Dutch-headquartered global financial services leader and one of the world’s 25 largest banks, with over $800 billion in assets and operations in 35 countries. Founded by Dutch farmers over a century ago, Rabobank remains true to our core mission: to create value for our customers, our employees, and the local communities where we do business.
Rabo AgriFinance’s focus in the United States compliments Rabobank’s commitment to financing agriculture; from the farmers and ranchers who grow crops and livestock, to the processors and manufacturers who turn raw commodities into value-added products, to the distributors and retailers who deliver food and material to the end consumer.
We’re equally dedicated to our employees and continue to invest in them by developing legitimate plans for ongoing growth, creating a culture of accountability, providing outstanding benefits, and offering clear and achievable career paths.
Major Accountabilities/Essential Duties:
Credit Risk Evaluation and Review
Assists with planning, setting the project scope and sampling techniques to achieve an appropriate risk-based sample. Performs individual credit analysis of agricultural (production and processing), middle market and vendor finance types of lending.
Utilizes well-developed analytical concepts to evaluate transactions and to analyze credit structures.
Performs financial statement analysis, noting cause and effect of changes to the income statement and balance sheet.
Analyzes borrower cash flow and repayment capacity.
Analyzes tax returns to support analysis.
Analyzes and determines appropriateness of collateral valuations/evaluation.
Review compliance with credit policies/underwriting guidelines and regulations.
Identifies and evaluates the effectiveness of credit risk process controls including in-depth discussions with the division/region’s senior management as necessary.
Reviews and analyzes individual credit applications and/or credit relationships for asset quality, adherence to approval conditions, and accuracy of loan quality classifications, risk ratings and adequacy and accuracy of documentation.
Presents accurate and timely credit review observations in a professional and confidential manner to management both orally and in writing.
Performs on-going monitoring as part of the risk-based credit review process. The continuous monitoring is forward looking, identifies areas of increasing risk and assists in setting the risk-based credit review schedule.
- Monitors credit risk in assigned portfolios to identify asset quality deterioration or negative management control trends.
- Assesses the effectiveness of the credit risk management practices through the periodic risk monitoring by identifying key credit risk factors and allocating appropriate resources to monitor those credit risks, emerging issues, trends and/or vulnerabilities.
- Analyzes credit files, and research industry trends to identify risk potential within portfolios.
- Documents results of monitoring according to the Quarterly Credit Risk Monitoring Standards and provides periodic risk assessments of assigned portfolios including the level/characteristics of the emerging credit risk profiles and the direction of risk.
- Evaluates MIS data and identify adverse trends of leading and lagging performance indicators.
Special Projects & Other
- Clearly communicates issues to the Head of ICRF and management.
- Fosters internal relationships that support a culture of trust and interdependence.
- Provides technical guidance to the credit underwriting/approval units on credit policies and control procedures/best practices to enhance quality and consistency.
Must be familiar with and comply with laws, regulations and internal policies and procedures that are applicable to required job duties.
- Completes special project assignments, as requested, such as due diligence/loan acquisition reviews, task force projects or specific ad hoc reviews.
- Performs all other job duties as assigned by Head of ICRF.
Understands and complies with all RAF and Rabobank anti-money laundering, compliance, and all other applicable laws
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics or a related field strongly preferred
- Minimum 7 years experience in credit analysis, underwriting, or lending in a variety of industry types with a strong understanding of food and agribusiness lending.
- Previous credit review experience highly preferred.
- Conversant in GAAP financial principles; and preferably IFRS credit principles. BASEL credit risk environment also preferred.
- Applicable job-related experience that exceeds the minimum qualifications listed above may substitute for the preferred Degree.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and color vision. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
With healthcare and insurance costs on the rise, Rabo AgriFinance employees enjoy a first-class benefits package, featuring a selection of medical coverage and investment options to meet your personal needs. Our benefits program includes:
Health care spending account
Dependent care spending account
Basic life insurance plus AD&D insurance
Optional life insurance
Health and wellness seminars
Rabo AgriFinance offers an inspiring work environment with enthusiastic professionals. The culture is characterized by entrepreneurship, personal development and ambition. The employment benefits are excellent.
Please apply via the website by clicking the "Apply now" button.
Rabobank Group has its roots deep in Dutch soil. Founded as a cooperative of Dutch agricultural banks in 1898, the company has some 140...