Credit Risk Analyst 1
Nordstrom Credit is the consumer card division of Nordstrom Inc., a successful fashion retailer. Nordstrom Credit issues and manages Visa co-brand and private label credit and debit cards for Nordstrom customers. We play a strategic role in Nordstrom’s success by driving increased loyalty and sales growth through compelling product offerings backed by superior customer service. With more than $8B total sales volume, $2B in managed receivables, 3 million active accounts, and rapid year-over-year growth, our contribution to Nordstrom’s success is growing. Being an outstanding place to work also plays a large role in our success. Nordstrom has been recognized as one of America’s top 100 employers by Fortune magazine for every year since Fortune launched the list in 1998, thanks in part to our focus on striving to deliver exceptional customer service and our promote from within philosophy.
This role is located at Nordstrom’s card division headquarters in Centennial, CO, located in the desirable Denver South Metro area. Denver boasts more than 300 days of sunshine per year, the Rocky Mountains as its backyard, and the abundant opportunities for outdoor recreation that affords. Combine this with outstanding schools and affordable housing, and it is no surprise that Denver is one of the most attractive places to live, work, and play in the U.S.
- Program SAS/SQL ad hoc queries as assigned and report findings in an organized manner
- Create reports as required, with accuracy, and draw conclusions from report results
- Partner with strategy analytics team to build risk strategies per requirements, within the applicable rules engine
- Develop post-validation plans on implementations to ensure strategy was implemented correctly
- Proactively identify issues and determine solutions both pre and post implementation while adhering to implementation deadlines
- Participate in cross-functional implementation of new strategies utilizing basic project management techniques and solid communication skills
- Act as day-to-day portfolio management liaison for other internal business units
- Perform other duties as assigned
Since 1901, Nordstrom has offered a wide variety of quality apparel, shoes and accessories for men, women and children at our stores across the country. We're proud to be named to FORTUNE™ Magazine's list of '100 Best Companies to Work for.' We believe this recognition comes from our desire to empower our employees to set their sights high and deliver exceptional service to customers.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, math, statistics, economics or related quantitative discipline or equivalent combination of related education and experience is required.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office with an advanced level of proficiency in word processing (Word), spreadsheet (Excel), presentation (PowerPoint) and database (Access) is required.
- General knowledge of analytical packages and query languages used to analyze customer databases (SAS, SPSS, SQL, etc.) is preferred.
- Ability to analyze data, draw conclusions and make recommendations
- Ability to identify and resolve problems
- Ability to communicate in both written and verbal form
- Ability to meet established timelines
- Ability to work well with others
- Ability to be flexible and deal with frequent interruptions and changing priorities
As a Nordstrom employee, you can feel confident that your health and well-being are among our highest priorities. We offer a comprehensive, flexible employee benefits package that includes medical/vision and dental coverage, a generous merchandise discount, an employer-matched 401(K) savings and profit sharing plan and much more.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a diverse environment.
The above information on this definition has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Nordstrom - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard -
Nordstrom, Inc.is a fashion specialty retailer that offers a selection of apparel, shoes, cosmetics and accessories for women, men and...