Credit Risk Analyst 2
Nordstrom Credit is the consumer card division of Nordstrom Inc., a successful fashion retailer. Nordstrom Credit issues and manages Visa co-brand and private label credit and debit cards for Nordstrom customers. We play a strategic role in Nordstrom’s success by driving increased loyalty and sales growth through compelling product offerings backed by superior customer service. With more than $8B total sales volume, $2B in managed receivables, 3 million active accounts, and rapid year-over-year growth, our contribution to Nordstrom’s success is growing. Being an outstanding place to work also plays a large role in our success. Nordstrom has been recognized as one of America’s top 100 employers by Fortune magazine for every year since Fortune launched the list in 1998, thanks in part to our focus on striving to deliver exceptional customer service and our promote from within philosophy.
This role is located at Nordstrom’s card division headquarters in Centennial, CO, located in the desirable Denver South Metro area. Denver boasts more than 300 days of sunshine per year, the Rocky Mountains as its backyard, and the abundant opportunities for outdoor recreation that affords. Combine this with outstanding schools and affordable housing, and it is no surprise that Denver is one of the most attractive places to live, work, and play in the U.S.
- Support Risk Strategy initiatives discovery efforts from business case development and cost-benefit analysis through project estimates, budgeting and delivery.
- Manage assigned initiatives on Risk book of work and coordinate efforts to drive Risk Strategy requirements and initiatives to timely implementations; analyze core requirements throughout lifecycle and initiate corrective action as needed.
- Conduct meetings with Risk analytics teams and management to gather products, service and overall Risk Initiative requirements.
- Contribute to department capacity planning, tracking and progress management against prioritized Risk Strategy project portfolio.
- Contribute to department work effort forecasting, tracking and managing progress, scope and hours against work plans.
- Collaborate with other business units on initiatives to ensure outcomes align with organizational business priorities and direction.
- Meet ongoing and overlapping deadlines in a fast-paced environment by multi-tasking efficiently and coordinating dependencies with other groups
- Provide Risk Strategy support on cross-functional projects.
- Audit and ensure adherence to established Credit process and quality controls.
- Assist in the development and execution of contingency plans to maintain a high level of customer service while minimizing financial risks.
Since 1901, Nordstrom has offered a wide variety of quality apparel, shoes and accessories for men, women and children at our stores across the country. We're proud to be named to FORTUNE™ Magazine's list of '100 Best Companies to Work for.' We believe this recognition comes from our desire to empower our employees to set their sights high and deliver exceptional service to customers.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or technical discipline or equivalent combination of related education and experience is required.
- Minimum of 3 years combined experience in project management and business analysis is required; working knowledge of project management best practices in agile and waterfall is preferred.
- Fundamental knowledge of analytical packages and query languages used to analyze customer databases (SAS, SPSS, SQL, etc.).
- Proven ability to multi-task and drive a large number medium to large projects to on-time and on-budget completion while rapidly adapting to changes in priority.
- Working knowledge of department level resource allocation, forecasting and utilization.
- Working knowledge of basic system requirements documentation, programming testing, quality and validation methods is preferred.
- Ability to understand application of analytics to enhance business decisions.
- Ability to build strong relationships, gain confidence and effectively communicate and work with business partners and external vendors is required.
- Experience in credit industry is preferred.
As a Nordstrom employee, you can feel confident that your health and well-being are among our highest priorities. We offer a comprehensive, flexible employee benefits package that includes medical/vision and dental coverage, a generous merchandise discount, an employer-matched 401(K) savings and profit sharing plan and much more.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a diverse environment.
The above information on this definition has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Nordstrom - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard
Nordstrom, Inc.is a fashion specialty retailer that offers a selection of apparel, shoes, cosmetics and accessories for women, men and...