Fannie Mae exists to expand affordable housing and bring global capital to local communities in order to serve the U.S. housing market. Today, our focus is on preventing foreclosures, making mortgages and rental housing as affordable as possible, and supporting the housing recovery. We are rapidly building and realigning our company to better serve the market as we support the Administration's Homeowner Affordability and Stability Plan.
Join our dedicated, diverse, high-performing workforce and put your unique talents to good use as we work with our partners to advance our nation's housing recovery.
For more information about Fannie Mae and our career opportunities, visit www.fanniemae.com.
Develop, recommend, and implement credit risk standards for products or assets the company finances or underwrites. Assess and approve credit limits and monitor credit exposure for routine and complex transactions. Apply credit management models to current assets or underwritten products to recommend shifts in collateral or reserves to mitigate credit risks.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Conduct credit analyses using standard and more advanced methods and tools of aggregated data provided by lenders, clients of the organization, or other sources of data.
- Examine risk elements of proposed deal, purchase, or existing relationship with a client and make recommendations to management regarding continuing to closure, or additional credit enhancements needed to make deal more acceptable.
- Create or assign credit scores to aggregated data from multiple loans based on the company's proprietary underwriting or loan origination software.
- May take lead in maintaining data integrity of proprietary credit rating or underwriting applications and assist as a business-end user in their systems enhancements.
- Research value frauds and patterns, initiate and contribute to new tools for detecting value-related fraud. Make recommendations for new policies to minimize fraud and control other risks more effectively.
- May make recommendations on pricing of products or assigning of risk levels based on analysis of credit risk of loans, transactions, or proposed contract.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- 2 years of related experience
- Degree in Finance, Real Estate or Accounting preferred
- Knowledge of financial analysis and modeling principles
- Multifamily knowledge and experience required.
- 2 years experience within a top financial services, capital markets, or insurance organization, preferably in a loss mitigation role.
- 2 years experience in a credit risk or asset management function.
- Experience as an underwriter or risk manager for a commercial real estate lender or fund.
- Understanding of loss mitigation concepts facing a complex real estate finance organization, especially pertaining to multifamily debt financing.
- Understanding of credit risk measurement and mitigation concepts, in general and as applicable to Fannie Mae.
- Strong organizational skills.
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to pass a pre-employment drug screen and to successfully complete a background investigation, which may also include a credit check for positions in some areas of our business.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We are looking for employees who are intent on helping us achieve something remarkable. Since 2009, we have made tremendous progress in...