The position is a member of the Data Credit Risk Group. The Reporting team is responsible for establishing policies and standards around information, assure correct retention and availability of data, and the quality of the data. The Data Credit Analyst will work with the Information Technology team within Compass to create relevant databases and capture the appropriate data both historical and future based to enable risk analysis.
Job Description (position responsibilities)
The Data Credit Analyst will support in building the data infrastructure to include, continuous strengthening of risk information platforms, tools and delivery capabilities to permit adequate reporting, monitoring and validation. The position requires establishing data extraction, data management and quality control process. The Data Credit Analyst will be responsible for identifying, researching and remediating data quality issues, The Data Credit analyst will also help develop and maintain guidelines and procedures to validate accuracy, completeness and standardization of data. Identifying and recommending new data sources based on analysis or reporting requirements and develop appropriate technical requirements to add information to production systems.
Lead Data Analyst will be responsible for providing data and analytical training and coaching to other members of the team as required. This position may manage a team of analysts.
- Bachelor's degree is required; Advanced degree preferred
- Experience with data management and analytical tools including SAS, SQL, Access, etc.
- Experience working with large, complex datasets from multiple sources, which will include reviewing data to understand issues and design solutions
- Ability to transform data into concise, actionable use.
- Proven ability using Microsoft Office tools for reporting and analyzing data
- Knowledge of Commercial loans and how the loans are structured on AFS
- Risk Management (both Commercial and Retail) and/or Accounting experience
- Proven success making data-based recommendations to senior management
- Credit Risk Database, TM1, and FDBR experience is a plus.
- Proven success at automating data related processes including data extraction, data manipulation, and reporting is desired.
- Experience with OLAP tools (BITAM, Hyperion, Cognos, Business Objects, Crystal Reports, etc.) to develop and distribute reporting is desired
3 or more years experience with data management and analytical tools including SAS, SQL, Access, etc. and working with large, complex datasets from multiple sources, which will include reviewing data to understand issues and design solutions.
5+ years experience with data management and analytical tools including SAS, SQL, Access, etc. and working with large, complex datasets from multiple sources, which will include reviewing data to understand issues and design solutions.
BBVA Compass - 12 months ago
The needle of this Compass points south. Compass Bancshares is the holding company for Compass Bank, which does business as BBVA Compass....