Amerisure Insurance is a leading regional property and casualty mutual insurance company providing commercial insurance for contractors, manufacturers, and other commercial enterprises. Since 1912, we have built our success through our partner relationships with policyholders, agencies and employees. We were recently named one of the 101 Best and Brightest Places to Work in Metro Detroit as well as the Best Places to Work in Insurance.
Amerisure is currently recruiting for a Credit Risk Analyst to join our team at our beautiful campus in Farmington Hills , MI . This is an excellent opportunity for a motivated individual looking to collaborate with other across the organization while growing their career.
Work with underwriting staff to analyze credit worthiness, and consult as requested with Agency OPS teams on insurance risks including the larger, more complex accounts. Advise credit terms for payment of premium or risk acceptance. Interact with agents and insurers on credit determinations, and adequacy of charges where applicable. Assist and train other staff.
- Analyze risks, applying a high level of skill and expertise in credit analysis, to evaluate the credit worthiness of prospects.
- Recommend and draft credit protection devices, payment arrangements, billing procedures and other appropriate items.
- Grant credit terms for payment of premium or risk acceptance.
- In coordination with corporate counsel, develop any contract documentation.
- Work closely with producers and underwriters to discuss recommendations, and verification of policy estimates.
- When necessary, participate in large account visits.
- Ensure established standards for turnaround time are met.
- Train and assist junior staff; assist in solving work problems; explain procedures/policies; critique work.
- Financial analysis: Evaluate credit worthiness, and consult as requested with Agency OPS teams on financial analysis, of prospective insurance risks including the larger, more complex accounts. Has knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field. Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job. Primary job functions typically require exercising independent judgment.
- Other activities as assigned by management.
- CBA, CBF and/or background in relative field (accounting / finance) preferred.
- Experience with debits / credits and reconciliation
- Bachelors Degree in a related business field required.
- Strong MS Office skills
Amerisure Companies - 15 months ago
copy to clipboard