Preferred: · Experience within an environment with exposure to portfolio stress testing and scenarios analysis within a financial institution.
- Bachelors Degree in Statistics, Economics, Finance or other related field and/ OR 5 years related work experience.
- Strong Excel Skills including the ability to work with multiple work sheets and pivot tables (Macro knowledge a plus). · Strong analytical and problem solving skills required along with a high attention to detail and ability to reconcile data from multiple sources.
- Team working – enjoys working in cross functional and virtual teams.
- Understanding of relational databases and proficiency in data analysis of large data sets (Knowledge of SQL and/or SAS preferred).
- Strong organization and time management skills with the ability to prioritize, multi-task and adapt to the changing needs of the business.
- Ability to detect problems and offer solutions to correct the issues.
- Ability to work independently and closely with others.
- Ability to handle confidential information.
- Working knowledge of Credit Risk Metrics such as Debt Service Coverage and Loan To Value and how they are used in portfolio stress testing preferred. · Exposure to working within credit risk analytics or a related discipline.
- Strong SAS skills - with ability to manipulate large data sets, automate monthly SAS processes and debug SAS code. Solid understanding of data analysis and data mining or a track record that demonstrates high aptitude to learn these skills.
Summary: As, Credit Risk Analyst in the Commercial Credit Administration team, your primary responsibility will include delivering quality reports and analytics that provide for effective monitoring, management and stress testing of the credit risk of the organization. As a member of the team, you will be involved with the continued development of existing reports and creation of new reports for both production and on an ad hoc basis. While SAS programming experience is not required (training is available), a working knowledge of working with large data sets from multiple sources is necessary. The Credit Risk Analyst will be cross-trained with other members of the team to run various month-end/quarterly reports using SAS and Excel. These reports are reconciled to GL/finance and therefore a strong attention to detail is necessary. The Credit Risk Analyst will be involved in the continued refinement of the monthly dashboard reports, including reconciliation to GL, data mapping and development of a data dictionary, as well as documentation of all processes performed.
In addition, the Credit Risk Analyst will also be involved in special projects as needed to assist in the development and growth of the Credit Risk function to support the growth needs of the Bank. Develop /streamline reports to assist with the monitoring and tracking of the performance of the commercial and retail loan portfolios. Compile and produce various asset quality and portfolio reports for Senior Management and the Board Risk Committee to evaluate asset quality trends. Assist with the data development/analytics for the allowance for loan and lease losses and exception reporting. Provide ad hoc reports/analysis and participate in special projects as needed. Assist in the development and growth of the Credit Risk function to support the growth needs of the Bank. Must adhere to pertinent laws, regulations, First Niagara’s Compliance Policy and external compliance requirements. ** Position can be located at any of First Niagara's various locations, in Western, Eastern, and Central New York, Pennsylvania, Connecticut, or Massachusetts.
First Niagara Financial Group - 23 months ago