To evaluate the financial position, credit worthiness, and processing history of existing merchant relationships within an assigned portfolio(s) of responsibility. Accurate, timely and consistent decision making to minimize portfolio write-offs and achieve expected loss results preserving First Data and partner revenues and financial target achievement.
Strong analytical, quantitative and problem-solving skills
- Review and investigate merchant accounts. Assess fraud and credit risk exposure. Make real-time/on-line decisions. Justify recommendations.
- Manage and monitor a portfolio(s) of high- risk merchant accounts.
- Financial statement interpretation ability
- Credit decision making responsibility
- Ability to interpret credit bureau information
- High volume productivity
- Mitigate risk. Negotiate collateral requirements and restructuring terms as required.
- Resolve merchant issues and put to closure escalated calls.
- Interface regularly with Alliance Bank partners.
- Coordinate risk mitigation efforts with other areas of the business such as Funding, Legal, Operations, Client Services, etc…
- Complete special projects as assigned.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- This position requires one to exercise discretion and independent judgment in making decisions and interact effectively and positively with all levels of personnel, partners, and vendors. You must be able to work independently or in a team environment & work efficiently in stressful situations.
- Solid PC skills, Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Visio.
Able to exercise sound credit judgment
Strong negotiating skills
Strong written and oral communications skills. Good interpersonal skills
Able to handle heavy workload assignment and multiple priorities
Must be able to meet tight deadlines and productivity standards
Good work ethic.
Relevant 4-year Bachelor's degree.(Business, Finance, Accounting, Criminal Justice, Pre-Law, etc)
Knowledge of MasterCard and Visa Association rules and regulations a plus (but not required)
PC literate (Excel, Word, etc…)
Whether you are just beginning your career or have many years of experience, First Data can provide you with a wealth of exciting challenges...