Why John Deere
Do you have a passion for helping people and a knack for crunching numbers? Then, John Deere Financial might be just the place for you. We’re one of the largest equipment finance companies in the U.S. for agricultural, construction, forestry, lawn and turf care, landscaping, commercial, and consumer equipment purchases, as well as revolving credit and operating loans. We’re continually growing to serve customers around the globe and in many industries, providing retail, wholesale, and lease financing solutions that fit their business needs. We’re continually looking for eager professionals who are passionate about the opportunities and rewards of credit services.
What You'll Do
At John Deere Financial, our Credit Risk Analyst will manage projects related to the development and implementation of scoring systems to create efficiencies and maximize profits. This may include application of statistical methodologies such as logistic regression. In addition you will:
What It Takes
- Collaborate with operations to implement changes to underwriting credit policies and guidelines.
- Monitor delinquencies and write-offs to ensure account performance are in-line with corporate goals.
- Identify areas of concern and implements actions for improvement.
- Make recommendations for changes to decision tools to improve collections and underwriting scorecards and policies.
- Report and communicate technically related information and measures relating to portfolio quality to management in a simplified summary to diverse audiences.
- Evaluate the credit risk on special programs or credit offerings to ensure level of risk is consistent with assumptions made in pricing models.
- Stay abreast of industry changes in risk management while assessing the appropriateness of incorporation into the business.
We need an excellent communicator with solid interpersonal skills, who thrives on solving problems, and working in a team environment. Ideally you will have a Bachelor’s degree in a(n) statistics, math, economics, business, management, accounting, finance, or actuarial discipline or a minimum of 4-7 years of related experience. In addition we require:
A strong candidate will also have:
- Experience with financial modeling, score card development, project management, risk analysis, and database management.
- Knowledge of statistical analysis, economics, and trend forecasting.
- Understanding of risk tools and skills including statistical modeling, credit scoring, and behavior scoring.
- Working knowledge of database management tools, the various loan accounting systems, and process management systems.
- Basic knowledge of information systems including: complex queries on various enterprise databases: Access, Business Objects, SAS, and/or SPSS.
- Master’s degree in statistics, math, or economics.
- Ability to apply statistical analysis principles/methodologies to make recommendations.
What You'll Get
We extend our values to the way we take care of our employees, providing a comprehensive range of benefits that help us retain the best and brightest professionals in the industry. Click here to view benefits of our Total Rewards.
Can you imagine the challenge of a lifetime and a rewards package that makes it all worthwhile?
The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in this job description are not considered the minimum requirements necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines. An Equal Opportunity Employer, John Deere requires a diversity of people, perspectives and ideas to address the complex challenges of its global business.
John Deere - 21 months ago
At John Deere, our more than 60,000 employees are committed to those linked to the land. We are a global company in size, but responsive to...