Note: Applicants fo requisition 1574 do not need to reapply.
Determines counterparty creditworthiness through financial statement analysis, industry analysis, and legal entity structure. Recommends appropriate credit risk limits and remedies, reports external and internal credit information to senior management via standard and customized reporting; writes credit review reports; monitors and reports exposures and limits; recommends appropriate credit terms and conditions.
· Performs financial analyses on WGL Holdings counterparties/suppliers to determine their creditworthiness and supports the analyses with accurate and concise written summary statements,
· Provides input into recommendations of appropriate credit limits and collateral requirements,
· Generates and distributes credit related reports,
· Monitors counterparty exposures compared to established credit and collateral limits,
· Assists in negotiation with counterparties for credit terms and appropriate credit enhancements,
· Reviews contracts and makes recommendations to minimize counterparty credit risk,
· Monitors collateral requirements and compliance with credit policies and procedures,
· Identifies exceptions to credit policies and provides information that will be reported to senior management.
· Updates systems trade management systems with credit information,
· Participates in special projects or specialized data requests.
Job Description - Requirements
· Bachelor’s degree in business, accounting, economics, finance or related field.
· A minimum of 1 year of experience in financial statement analysis of institutional customers preferred.
· Minimum of 2 years of experience in a financial field; a finance-related Master’s degree may substitute for 1 year of experience.
· A Master’s degree in a financial field preferred.
· Demonstrated strong analytical and problem-solving skills .
· Proven ability to effectively prioritize tasks.
· Demonstrated self-motivation, detail orientation, and ability to produce accurate work.
· Demonstrated ability to establish rapport and effective working relationships with business partners.
· Demonstrated ability to excel in a fast-paced, multi-tasking intensive environment.
· Proven ability to use computer software and applications, including Microsoft Office, to share, retrieve, research and present business information.
· Demonstrated excellent oral and written communications skills.
Washington Gas is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Applicants are considered for positions without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, medical condition, disability, or other legally protected status.