Basic Function: Responsible for working with one or more Regions to provide loan approval and guidance to officers engaged in lending activities. May serve as a member of Management Loan Committee, and if so, serving on a rotating basis.
Primary Duties :
- Make sound credit decisions on loans over individual lenders’ authorities. Decisions to be made within the incumbent’s loan authority or within joint authorities as outlined by Credit Policy and approved authority levels, or to make recommendations on loans to Chief Credit Officer and/or Management Loan Committee.
- Continuously work with lenders in designated Region(s) to provide guidance in lending activities by offering assistance on credit matters involving complex situations or requiring close scrutiny.
- Assess individual loan officers’ ability to handle the administration of the lending function, including adherence to laws and regulations, prompt risk identification and mitigation, compliance with committee approval requirements, documentation quality, credit file quality, and accurate and correct application of loan grades.
- Monitor collateral exceptions, delinquencies and overall portfolio management for Region(s) under management.
- Assist with loan officer development and training.
- When acting as a member of Management Loan Committee: to review loan presentations; ask questions to determine credit worthiness of proposed loans; voice opinions on the risks of proposed credits, alternatives to proposed structures, and solutions to problems; and, vote to determine the outcome of the loan request.
- Assist in preparing information for regulatory examiners during examinations.
- Assume additional responsibilities as requested.
Experience: Ten to fifteen years of banking experience with at least five years experience as a commercial credit administrator to include credit analysis, credit review and/or credit underwriting, with at least two years of loan approval for lending officers. An additional two or more years of experience as a commercial loan officer preferred.
Academic: Undergraduate degree with concentration in finance or accounting.
Equipment: Strong working knowledge of standard software, financial calculators, and computer.
Computer Skills: Strong working knowledge of Excel, Word and Outlook.
Personal: Good oral and written communications skills; friendly, outgoing personality; inquisitive and conscientious nature – traits necessary for effective contact with lenders and management. Detail-oriented, ability to manage/lead people, ability to assess the overall picture and make sound judgmental decisions. Must be able to manage time, multi-task and work well under stress.
Physical: Requires arm, hand and fingers for use in operating job-related equipment. This list of essential physical functions is not exhaustive and may be supplemented.
Travel: Requires travel within the Bank’s market area, occasionally may require overnight travel. A valid driver’s license is required.
Health, Dental, Matching 401(k) and other great benefits!
First South Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Monster - 12 months ago