Credit Risk Strategy Analyst
Nordstrom Credit is the consumer card division of Nordstrom Inc., a successful fashion retailer. Nordstrom Credit issues and manages Visa co-brand and private label credit and debit cards for Nordstrom customers. We play a strategic role in Nordstrom’s success by driving increased loyalty and sales growth through compelling product offerings backed by superior customer service. With more than $8B total sales volume, $2B in managed receivables, 3 million active accounts, and rapid year-over-year growth, our contribution to Nordstrom’s success is growing. Being an outstanding place to work also plays a large role in our success. Nordstrom has been recognized as one of America’s top 100 employers by Fortune magazine for every year since Fortune launched the list in 1998, thanks in part to our focus on striving to deliver exceptional customer service and our promote from within philosophy.
We are looking to build on our success by increasing our level of analytical sophistication. To accomplish this, we are looking to add a talented Credit Risk Strategy Analyst.
This role is located at Nordstrom’s card division headquarters in Centennial, CO, located in the desirable Denver South Metro area. Denver boasts more than 300 days of sunshine per year, the Rocky Mountains as its backyard, and the abundant opportunities for outdoor recreation that affords. Combine this with outstanding schools and affordable housing, and it is no surprise that Denver is one of the most attractive places to live, work, and play in the U.S.
- Develop and analyze data that is used to interpret credit card portfolio performance.
- Monitor the performance of existing strategies and present findings in concise and effective manner via related reports and presentations.
- Translate analytical findings into actionable strategic recommendations.
- Assess and forecast vintage performance to monitor portfolio risk.
- Develop innovative solutions using techniques such as SAS Macro Language and Excel Macro Programming.
- Provide analysis on assigned risk analytics projects and evaluation of collections strategy performance.
- Proactively suggest improvements to existing strategies.
- Identify and provide recommendations regarding new opportunities to improve business processes in the context of risk management.
- Collaborate effectively with cross-functional partners across the enterprise, including Marketing and Finance, to increase share of Nordstrom sales, deliver a world-class customer experience, and meet business objectives.
- Complete additional Ad hoc requests as necessary.
Since 1901, Nordstrom has offered a wide variety of quality apparel, shoes and accessories for men, women and children at our stores across the country. We're proud to be named to Fortune™ magazine's list of '100 Best Companies to Work For.' We believe this recognition comes from our desire to empower our employees to set their sights high and deliver exceptional service to customers.
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative field or equivalent combination of experience and education required.
- Two to three years experience in gathering and analyzing financial data, preferably in the consumer credit card industry.
- Experience using SAS/SQL programming languages.
- Proficient in MS Office, with advanced MS Excel skills.
- Knowledge of the Consumer Credit Industry preferred.
- Ability to take ambiguous data questions, translate them into a clear analytical plan, and produce concise summary output that includes recommendations based upon core findings.
- Ability to effectively communicate complicated data and analytical issues verbally and in writing to core stakeholders and partners across the enterprise.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and work in a fast-paced environment as part of a team.
As a Nordstrom employee, you can feel confident that your health and well-being are among our highest priorities. We offer a comprehensive, flexible employee benefits package that includes medical/vision and dental coverage, a generous merchandise discount, an employer-matched 401(K) savings and profit sharing plan and much more.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a diverse environment.
The above information on this definition has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Nordstrom - 16 months ago
Nordstrom, Inc.is a fashion specialty retailer that offers a selection of apparel, shoes, cosmetics and accessories for women, men and...