Responsible for statistical research, analysis, and review of complex, mathematically-oriented decision models. This function will support business decisions at all points of the credit cycle by evaluating large amounts of historical information and applying sophisticated mathematical concepts to identify trends, validate correlations between customer characteristics and performance, and develop statistical models. The incumbent may lead a small team of statistical modelers, providing tactical direction and oversight of team's work.
- Build statistical models and complete various analytical projects for credit risk management, and support internal product development projects
- Conduct regular statistical validations of statistically-derived decision models used to manage credit risk, including credit scorecards and performance forecasting models, in accordance with regulatory requirements
- Use statistical concepts to develop credit scorecards and other predictive tools to improve risk management and enhance profitability
- Ensure compliance with all federal regulations regarding management of credit scorecards and other credit decision models
- Present modeling approach and results to business clients and help to drive business actions based on the results
- Partner with information technology department in proposal and implementation phases of new models
- Develop and institute guidelines and standards for coding to be implemented by all modelers
- Offer expert advice to other departments in the field of decision modeling and statistics.
- Serve as a team lead, providing oversight and direction
- Master's degree or higher in Statistics or related statistical modeling field strongly preferred
- Knowledge of a statistical or analytical modeling language such as SAS, Splus, or Xeno
- Experience working with large and complex data sets
- Strong written and verbal communication skill
- 5+ years experience of hands-on statistical model development required
- 3+ years experience in risk management in a financial services environment
Bluestem Brands is proud to be named to Star Tribune's Top Workplaces 2013.
Bluestem Brands, Inc., headquartered in suburban Minneapolis,...