Work Location: Madison,WI
We are seeking an uncommon professional to join our team as a Credit Union Lending Specialist.
1. Act as a liaison to customers for lending, deposit, business, and real estate Service Products. This includes working with field staff and customers directly to utilize customer information to assess customer needs and make recommendations on Services Products that best meet customer needs. Provide up-sell and cross-sell alternatives to customers that are mutually beneficial to both the customer and CUNA Mutual Group.
2. Process customer requests for all Services Products received via multiple channels. Evaluate and input information from all relevant sources into the appropriate processing systems including; payment protection information, personalized credit union information, replacement and payment information. Evaluate requests using appropriate compliance measures, system processes and tools. Complete fulfillment from initial receipt of request to production. Understand the overall fulfillment process and needs of the customer in order to make good judgment when processing customer requests. Customer requests and situations that go beyond the expertise of this position are referred to higher level compliance experts.
Systems used: Intranet, Order Management, CISS, Lotus Notes, Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Office, Image, Profile and InterGroup and Wynstar.
3. Complete fulfillment from request to production for orders generated due to a regulatory update or enhancement to Documents.
4. Follow up on customer requests pending for information, forms, and/or financial considerations with either the field representative or customer. Assure quality and accuracy of all requests processed, making corrections when errors are detected. Take appropriate action on follow-ups, reopens, reissues, and complaints as qualified by training and experience.
5. As needed represent work area in corporate and department projects and bring forward process improvement ideas.
The above statement of duties is not intended to be all-inclusive and other duties may be assigned from time to time.
1. Bachelor's degree in Business, Marketing or equivalent trade-off of work experience in the financial services industry with an emphasis in operations.
2. Three (3) years work experience in an office setting involving analyzing and interpreting customer information to conduct needs based selling and customer service activities.
3. Working knowledge of lending, real estate, and deposit products. Basic understanding of operational policies and procedures within a financial institution.
4. Working knowledge of customer processes and practices.
5. Demonstrated ability to communicate both verbally and written with internal and external customers via telecommunications equipment.
6. Demonstrated flexibility with tasks and responsibilities as well as organizational and planning skills to process a high volume of work and meet deadlines and standards.
7. Attention to detail and ability to maintain a high level of accuracy.
8. Demonstration of teamwork skills via previous work assignments.
9. Demonstrated ability to work under own initiative.
10. Inter mediate computer skills required to effectively operate in a Windows environment with minimum keyboarding skills of 40 wpm. Typing test will be administered.
11. Demonstrated understanding of Data Processor relationships in connection with credit union operations.
12. Demonstrated proofreading skills. Visual Comparison test will be administered; passing score is at or above the 33rd percentile.
CUNA Mutual Group’s insurance, retirement and investment products provide financial security and protection to credit unions and their members worldwide. As a dynamic and growing company, we strive to create a culture of performance, high standards and defined values.
Along with an excellent benefits package, our staff is engaged, rewarded for performance, and encouraged to grow professionally and personally. Our future is driven by our people, and our people are driven to deliver value through innovation, involvement and determination. If you want to be recognized for your results and empowered to reach your potential, we urge you to apply.
In return for your skills and contributions, we offer highly competitive compensation and benefit packages, significant professional growth, and the opportunity to win and be rewarded.
Experience Level: 3-5 years
Area of Interest(s): Claims, Customer Operations
Type of Job: Full Time
Job ID: MML20132901-26197
CUNA Mutual Group - 14 months ago