TITLE: Credit and Collections Analyst
REPORTS TO: Operations Research Analyst
Technical Innovation believes that each team member makes a significant contribution to our success. That contribution should not be limited by the assigned responsibilities outlined in this job description. Therefore, this job description is designed to outline primary duties, qualifications, and job scope but not limit the employee or the organization to work the identified duties and responsibilities. It is our expectation that each team member will offer his/her services wherever or whenever necessary to ensure the success of TI’s endeavors.
Performs all tasks necessary to invoice, collect and record revenue within company’s financial system. Interact effectively with internal business units and external customers. Reports to the Operations Research Analyst.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Generate invoices to majority of company’s customers
• Notify customers of delinquent accounts and attempt to secure payment
• Interpret and resolve A/R problems with customers
• Notify account executives or proper departments of any problems the customer state that they may have with the equipment or services purchased
• Make collection calls to customers based on established priority list
• Research invoicing discrepancies and make any necessary corrections
• Reconcile customer accounts and receivable balances
• Responsible for general journal entries to post revenue into accounting system
• Maintain accurate customer files; keeps track of name changes, mergers, address, changes, communicate this information to appropriate personnel
• Assist the Operations Research Analyst, and other appropriate staff, on research of customer discrepancies, discuss any deviation from customer payment plans, obtain appropriate approvals to have open credits applied, and, in general, keep the accounts receivable system as clean as possible
• Upon request, provide special reports reflecting current status of customer accounts
• Run reports as required by management
• Maintain corporate files for billing and collections activities
• 2+ year’s work experience
• College degree preferred
PRIOR RELATED WORK EXPERIENCE:
• Experience in corporate billing or accounting functions
EXPERIENCE IN USE OF SPECIFIC EQUIPMENT, TOOLS, WORK AIDS:
• Microsoft Office
• Strong customer service and communication skills
• Ability to read and interpret documents.
• Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables.
• Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written or oral form.
• Ability to handle multiple demands and meet deadlines.
• Ability to organize tasks and time to ensure timely completion of all projects.
• Ability to work independently
Technical Innovation - 4 months ago
copy to clipboard