Kimball Midwest, a national distributor of maintenance, repair and operation products, is searching for a Credit and Collections Specialist in our Credit/Collections Department for our Columbus, OH location. We are looking for a hardworking, motivated, and customer focused individual.
Our Credit and Collections Specialist will be responsible for the maintenance of customer accounts through collection activity and account research. Other responsibilities may include contacting AP Representatives at customer locations to resolve issues (such as short pays/account payments) and performing special projects and/or analysis as determined by the Credit & Collections manager.
Our Ideal Candidate:
· Has a minimum of two (2) years’ experience working in Credit/Collections, Accounts Payable and/or Customer Service experience
or a four-year college degree
· Is able to maintain strict confidentiality and use discretion while performing job tasks.
· Is comfortable performing extensive work over the telephone.
· Requires significant computer literacy – specifically when working with Microsoft Office and has a working knowledge of data processing
· Effectively problem solves, works independently and is able to understand written and oral instructions.
· Communicates effectively with sales representatives, customers, vendors, coworkers, supervisors and managers, in written and verbal
· Is dependable (i.e. reports to work daily, barring any unforeseen circumstances).
· Is able to perform several tasks simultaneously; responds quickly to problems, and is able to work in a stressful environment.
· This position requires the successful completion of a ninety (90) day orientation period.
We offer a benefits package that includes health, dental and vision insurance, company sponsored life, optional life and disability insurance, Health Savings Accounts and Flexible Spending Accounts, a 401(k) and Profit Sharing Plan, Tuition Assistance, Paid Time Off (PTO), a business casual dress code and paid holidays.
Please apply online.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Kimball Midwest - 14 months ago
Kimball Midwest has been committed to excellence since 1923 serving our customers with quality products and services. Today, we are a major...