We are currently searching for an experience Crew Chief to join our Land Surveying group in our |
- er office.
This position is responsible for leading a crew of up to 3 people to collect data for boundary, planimetric, and topographic surveys. This position involves signification travel (up to 95%). Oil and gas, electrical transmission and transportation experience preferred.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Determine most efficient plan of action for data acquisition for field surveys.
Professional interaction with client representative and land owners.
Maintain vehicle and field equipment.
Daily communication with Project Surveyor and technician regarding project schedule and work progress.
Timely preparation of daily reports, time sheets, and other required paperwork
Required Experience - Education and Skills:
SAM, Inc. offers very competitive compensation, an excellent benefit package, and career advancement.
- 7+ years progressing field surveying/crew chief experience, including demonstrated
experience in a supervisory role
- Oil and gas pipeline experience preferred
- Strong computer and technical skills
- Experience with Trimble Total Stations, Trimble R7 & R8 GNSS GPS Receivers and Trimble
TSC2 hand held data collectors preferred, but not required.
- Strong communication skills (listening, writing and verbal)
- Proven work history, strong work ethic, and team-player attitude.
- Valid driver's license, clean background check and drug screening
- Ability to travel for extended periods
Surveying And Mapping, Inc. (“SAM, Inc.”) is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/D/V. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAM, Inc. and need special assistance to apply for a posted position, please contact 512-685-3556 to leave a message or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org .
SAM, Inc. is not seeking to obtain resumes or any other information on job candidates from third-parties such as recruiters, placement agencies, etc. SAM, Inc. does not intend to consider any resumes or other information on job candidates that is submitted through or via a third-party. If, despite this notification, you submit a candidate's resume or other information to SAM, Inc. and SAM, Inc. chooses to hire such a candidate, SAM, Inc. has no obligation and expressly disclaims any liability to provide you or your employer any remuneration or compensation for the hiring of such candidate.