Meet Virgin America
Virgin America is a brand new airline dedicated to making flying good again. VA incorporates the Virgin Brand’s world-renowned customer focus and distinctive style, to create a high-value, low-fare airline that offers more: more fun, more options, more comfort, more entertainment and more value.
Are you Virgin enough? Virgin America loves team members with the thirst and creativity to make this the most wowed airline in the sky. In return, we promise to make this a company where inspired people like you will always thrive.
Main Areas of Responsibility:
Reports to the Director of Operational Control Center or Manager of Pay and Support
- Responsible for all Crew Payroll and Crew Planning Activities.
- Performs a variety of duties in the preparation and processing of crew payroll calculations; analyzes and reconciles crew payroll on a bi-monthly basis.
- Reviews crew records for days/hours worked, records salary adjustments as necessary.
- Examines and verifies payroll for accuracy and appropriateness.
- Researches discrepancies and processes appropriate corrections.
- Ensures accuracy of payroll codes; researches and processes payroll adjustment
- Coordinate the planning and scheduling of all recurrent training events for pilots and flight attendants.
- Coordinate the building of pairings and lines, flow and completion of the monthly bid process, and interface.
- Coordinate and Administer Monthly PBS and Training Bids.
- Ensure adherence to all FAA Regulations, Company, and Departmental Guidelines.
- Performs additional functions, which may be assigned from time to time.
Typical Physical Demands:
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time and perform repetitive motion such as typing.
- Must have the ability to lift, push or pull up to 25 pounds.
Typical Working Conditions:
- Work is performed in a typical office environment subject to critical deadlines.
- Must have advanced knowledge of FAA Regulations and pilot and in-flight team member requirements as they pertain to crewmember rest and duty time, line construction, and flight training.
- Must have a broad knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and Power point.
- Must be able to meet deadlines and communicate status of assignments to appropriate individuals.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects independently.
- Excellent verbal, telephone, written and interpersonal communication skills required.
- Strong attention to detail, ability to balance multiple and changing priorities.
- College degree preferred.
- Experience with ADP products and ability to prepare monthly payroll accruals is a plus.
- Experience in a crew scheduling/crew planning/in-flight/flight operations environment a plus.
- Experience with crew scheduling software (SABRE) a plus.
- Must be at least 18 years of age and have a valid driver’s license.
Virgin America - 18 months ago
copy to clipboard
An offspring of Sir Richard Branson's Virgin Group, Virgin America took flight just as high fuel prices and a recession rocked the...