Meet Virgin America
Virgin America is a brand new airline dedicated to making flying good again. VA incorporates the Virgin Brand’s world-renowned customer focus and distinctive style, to create a high-value, low-fare airline that offers more: more fun, more options, more comfort, more entertainment and more value.
Are you Virgin enough? Virgin America loves team members with the thirst and creativity to make this the most wowed airline in the sky. In return, we promise to make this a company where inspired people like you will always thrive.
Main Purpose of the Role:
This position is responsible for notifying crew members of changes in their assignments, answering in-coming calls from crew, and assisting in hotel and travel for crew. In addition, reacting to flight irregularities and monitoring for compliance with all FAR’s and company regulations. This position works closely with other operational disciplines within the Operations Control Center.
Main Areas of Responsibility:
Skills & Abilities Required:
- Maintain the integrity of the flight schedule by ensuring that all segments have been assigned to a legal crew
- Ensure that all crewmember assignments are in accordance with FAA mandated regulations and company policies
- Coordinate with dispatchers to resolve problems that arise during the day-to-day operation
- Ensure that changes to the originally published schedule are communicated to crewmembers in a timely manner
- Resolve flight crew legality problems and rest requirements based on
appropriate regulatory requirements
- Provide excellent customer service to the crewmembers.
- Schedule each crewmember under FAR 121 crew duty limitations to maintain Virgin America’s commitment to safety.
- Obtain optimal operational integrity by causing minimal delays or interruption to the daily flight schedule.
- The Crew Scheduling Department will not only schedule crewmembers but do so while achieving the highest level of customer service for our crewmembers.
- Effective verbal, telephone, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Mathematical ability sufficient to perform basic calculations (addition, subtraction, multiplication and division).
- Two years of previous experience in a direct customer service contact position or within a call center environment preferred.
- Intermediate-level computer skills including Microsoft Office and Excel
- Typing skills 45 wpm
- AIMS software a plus
- Must be willing to work a flexible schedule. Hours of service include days, evenings, weekends and holidays.
Virgin America - 14 months ago
An offspring of Sir Richard Branson's Virgin Group, Virgin America took flight just as high fuel prices and a recession rocked the...