The below positions are non-Sacramento Children's Home positions, however they are within the Sacramento Children's Home's Crisis Nursery program volunteering as a service member through AmeriCorps. After successfully completing a maximum of 12 months of service, AmeriCorps members are eligible for an additional education supplement of up to $5550 that can be used for tuition, student loans, books, etc.
What is an AmeriCorps Member?
AmeriCorps is a government funded community service program designed to help communities meet the specified needs in their area by recruiting and training individuals who are willing to devote one to three years serving in selected community projects.
Please note there are openings at both of our Crisis Nurseries.
This includes the South Crisis Nursery (S. Land Park Dr.) and the North Crisis Nursery (Pasadena Ave.).
Living Stipend of up to $10.00 per hour
The mission of the Sacramento Crisis Nursery is to provide a temporary, loving, and safe "homelike" setting for children from birth through age 5 so as to prevent child abuse and neglect by supporting families during times of crisis.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Model nurturing parenting behavior, provide support, education/information/referrals, and provide parents with age appropriate parenting and positive discipline techniques.
- Attend required trainings provided by The Child Abuse Prevention Center, the County of Sacramento, and its Contractors.
- Assist with and participate in outreach, community engagements and program referrals.
- Maintain a safe, clean, resourceful, and enriching environment for families and staff.
- Provide transportation and support to the families.
Apply Now - Interviews to begin in July for target start dates in September.
- Completion of 6 Early Childhood Education or Child Development units from an accredited or approved college or university is preferred.
- One year of experience working with infants and young children in a child care facility, preschool, or infant/child center is preferred.
Submit your Resume and a completed AmeriCorps Questionnaire (available on our website) via email or fax.
Fax: (866) 659-6866
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
SacramentoJobs - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard