Under the direction of the Crisis Supervisor, the Crisis Therapist is responsible for providing mobile mental health crisis services to residents of Carver and Scott County. The Crisis Therapist provides diagnostic and risk assessments, therapeutic interventions, treatment and disposition planning, stabilization and follow-up services and consultation to community professionals in an effort to stabilize the crisis, return to a prior level of functioning and avoid out of home placements and hospitalization.
TYPICAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Provides direct assessment, crisis intervention, treatment planning and follow up services for children, adults, individuals, families and/or groups; and mental health consultation to professionals in the community.
• Provides crisis stabilization services and coordination of care functions.
• Assists in maintaining Crisis Program and collaborative relationships.
• Provides training and education.
• Assists in the development and expansion of mental health crisis response services in Carver and Scott County.
• Performs other comparable duties of a like or similar nature as assigned.
• Master's Degree in Social Work, Psychology, Psychiatric Nursing, Counseling, Marriage and Family Therapy or related area.
Clinical experience doing diagnostic evaluations, risk assessments and therapeutic interventions.
• Mental health professional licensed at the independent practice level in the state of MN including: Licensed Independent Clinical Social Worker, Licensed Psychologist, Licensed Marriage Family Therapist or Psychiatric Nurse.
• MN State Driver's License or evidence of equivalent mobility.
• Obtain credentials as an allied Medical Provider at Ridgeview Medical Center and St. Francis Regional Medical Center and obtain National Provider Identifier number (NPI); and approved for private and public insurance provider status within 6 months of hire.
• Two years post-licensure clinical experience in mental health work.
SCORED EXAMINATION PROCESS:
All applications will be screened for minimum qualifications, scored and ranked. The highest ranked candidates meeting minimum qualifications will be recommended for the scored oral examination (interview). Final selection for the position will include successful completion of oral interviews and background investigations.