Title: Crisis and Emergency Management Director
Department: Health, Safety, Security, & Environmental
The CEM Director will develop, customize, and maintain the planning and information platforms used to support all operational Emergency Response and corporate Crisis Management plans, and will train and prepare company representatives to perform duties consistent with requirements of local, state and federal regulatory agencies. The Director will maintain the Corporate Emergency Operations Center in a state of readiness and ensure partnership with external response organizations and well control services are maintained. This role will act as the liaison point of contact between all affected departments regarding Business Continuity Planning, specifically Disaster Recovery and Business Resumption activities.
- Performing audits and writing reports that detail the overall preparedness status of the company as it develops and implements Emergency Response and Crisis Management plans.
- Reviewing existing plans and runs analyses to ensure all plans aim for efficiency, minimization of impact, seamless operations during disruptions, and cost effectiveness.
- Providing strategic recommendations for executive leadership regarding gaps or deficiencies, and will ensure execution of approved actions and strategies.
- Meeting regularly with key regulators and local response officials, support agencies, partners, vendors and suppliers to align with similar policies, guidelines, and/or systems.
- During actual crises, disasters, and/or other emergencies, the CEM Director may be assigned to the CLR Emergency Operations Center to support the response and recovery activities.
- The incumbent will need to be able to work and communicate effectively with field level to executive level personnel, and be comfortable in a fast-paced, growing and dynamic work environment.
- Ensure appropriate security and accessibility is designed into plans and system information.
Additional Preferred Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial Safety /Environmental Science/ Security Management or similar field
- 10 years experience working in a related role
- Knowledge and experience in the Incident Command System (ICS)
- Knowledge of applicable regulatory requirements
- Excellent project management and communication (written and oral) skills
- HSE or Security Certifications, as applicable
- Strong computer skills
- Experience in actual Emergency or Crisis Management Response
- Certifications or training in hazardous materials and emergency response management
- Experience in reviewing and/or developing technical plans
- Exposure in upstream oil and gas drilling, completions and production operations
- Proven experience in training, developing and delivering presentations
- Knowledge of Business Continuity planning, Disaster Recovery and Business Resumption process