Org Marketing Statement
About Jones Lang LaSalle
Jones Lang LaSalle (NYSE: JLL) is a financial and professional services firm specializing in real estate. The firm offers integrated services delivered by expert teams worldwide to clients seeking increased value by owning, occupying or investing in real estate. With 2011 global revenue of $3.6 billion, Jones Lang LaSalle serves clients in 70 countries from more than 1,000 locations worldwide, including 200 corporate offices. The firm is an industry leader in property and corporate facility management services, with a portfolio of approximately 2.1 billion square feet worldwide. LaSalle Investment Management, the company’s investment management business, is one of the world’s largest and most diverse in real estate with $47.7 billion of assets under management.
For further information, please visit our website, www.joneslanglasalle.com
Critical Environments Engineering Manager - Americas
The Critical Environments Engineering Manager (CEM) manages resources to ensure the effective and efficient operation of the portfolio's Critical Environment, maximizing uptime and site efficiencies. This position will have responsibility for the regional portfolio (North and South America) and reports to the Director of Engineering and Operations. The CEM is responsible for the development and implementation of policies and procedures related to the maintenance and operation of Critical Environment space and equipment. Specific duties include but are not limited to: formulate and implement the preventative and predictive maintenance program, scheduling of preventative maintenance with a minimum disruption, performing and/or delegating preventative maintenance tasks to the appropriately qualified maintenance staff in compliance with the performance standards set forth by Jones Lang LaSalle (JLL) and the Client. Responsible for engineering design/review and project management support associated with these technical areas in highly complex environments. Manage other account engineers, consultants, design/build firms, technical staff, and contractors to accomplish objectives. The CEM will further focus on KPI goals and objectives, Budgets and financial oversight and maintain a strategic view in managing operations of the critical infrastructure; and as an integral team member in the engineering group involved in administrative and Human Resource functions of the group. The candidate's experience must include management of mission critical engineering operations, general building mechanical, electrical, plumbing, life/safety, and EMS/BMS systems.
• Manage and design risk mitigation programs process and procedures designed to enable maximum uptime at complex critical environments.
• Provide leadership, management and technical oversight for Americas Portfolio, which includes critical environments and associated equipment & systems. Ensure proper engineering procedures and standards are being practiced and maintained. Ensure that facilities are operated and maintained safely, efficiently and in first class condition in compliance with the budget and financial plan.
• Provide leadership and management support to Operations Management and Building Engineers who have the responsibility of day-to-day operations and maintenance of the Critical Infrastructure.
• Report abnormal or critical conditions immediately to the relevant Client and JLL Management.
• Analyze equipment downtime ramification and develop contingency plans in the event of equipment failure, and demonstrate strong leadership over incident management.
• Review metrics and compare against industry benchmarks to ensure that the portfolio is being managed to meet or exceed KPI’s.
• Establishes the scope of various programs and/or projects, addressing all aspects including but not limited to business requirements, performance specifications, planning, cost, interdependencies, safety and resources. Identifies all resources to be appointed and appoints the same based on clearly documented scopes of work as approved from both the customer and JLL management.
• Establish engineering process and procedures, and provide oversight to facility management team for all staffed sites.
• Provide management and engineering support for the development of complex utility/electrical/mechanical switching scripts and procedures (ie - MOPs, SOPs and Change Management processes).
• Provides input to annual financial plans for operating expense and capital, and support account by identifying, for example, unforeseen emergency expenditures throughout the year.
• Responsible for the creation, monitoring and reporting of cost savings and value add opportunities for the region.
• Responsible for the delivery of Monthly Reports, Dashboards, and Equipment Status Updates providing JLL Management and the Client information on infrastructure critical loads, remaining headroom, equipment “health check”, project status, etc.
• Collaborate with project management in the delivery of projects & construction related activities supporting the critical operations and functions. Review and comment on engineering design documents for adding or upgrading new equipment, and critical infrastructure. Provide recommendations and interpret electrical system coordination, short circuit and capacities as it relates to complex data center & trading operations electrical supply systems.
• Ensures that projects are implemented in accordance with the Basis of Design or scope, and all work is done in a quality manner at all stages. Monitors progress against the schedule/scope and takes corrective action where necessary. Works with all parties to ensure prompt and accurate information is provided to all parties.
• Work with teams to ensure that all proper closeout and commissioning procedures are followed including the collection, distribution and storage of all necessary documentation. Assure all operational drawings are updated and assure the critical infrastructure’s configuration management is maintained
• Establish training and monitoring programs to ensure all Operations staff, and contractors performing work in critical facilities are appropriately trained in accordance with critical environment process and procedures.
• Lead or Participate in special engineering studies and analysis with regard to the clients portfolio and infrastructure.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
• Four-year college degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering Does not require a PE license.
• Minimum of 7 to 10 years experience in critical operations.
• Must have strong familiarity and working knowledge of critical equipment. Strong technical knowledge in electrical systems, electrical generation/distribution, HVAC (specific to the environment), IT systems and critical environments (UPS & Stand-by Power systems), environmental regulations, local building codes, fire and safety systems, preventive and predictive maintenance and diagnostic equipment, etc is needed.
• Must be available 24/7 as needed to support critical operations and events.
• Must be willing and able to travel at least 30% of the time including international (North and South America).
• Must have strong relationship-building and collaboration skills.
• Must have skill in negotiating contracts, and preparing RFP's as they relate to critical infrastructures and related maintenance activities
• Must possess excellent verbal & written communication skills including the ability to convey complex technical information in a manner that non-technical individuals can comprehend.
• Must be able to create and interpret the application of relevant policies, procedures, SOP's, regulations, codes, and standards.
• May supervise or oversee the work of building engineers, electricians, IT specialists, mechanics, and vendor contracts & personnel.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Jones Lang LaSalle is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Jones Lang LaSalle is an equal opportunity employer and committed to developing and maintaining a diverse workforce. Jones Lang LaSalle strongly believes in equal opportunity for all, without regard to race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, pregnancy, family responsibility (e.g. child care, elder care), national origin or ancestry, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, veteran’s status, genetic information, or status as a qualified individual with a disability, protected leave status or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable law. The company also endeavors to make reasonable accommodations for known physical or mental limitations of otherwise qualified employees and applicants with disabilities unless the accommodations would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. Equal employment opportunity will be extended to all individuals in all aspects of the employment relationship, including recruitment, hiring, promotion, transfer, training, discipline, layoff, recall and termination.
Jones Lang LaSalle - 16 months ago
Jones Lang LaSalle provides real estate without borders. The company's services include commercial real estate brokerage, management,...