JOB DESCRIPTION: |
Works in an Operations & Maintenance organization that provides a variety of O&M services within a 24/7/365 environment. Provides duties with constant awareness of the need to preserve the reliability of the critical load. Also provides O&M for building systems of other facilities as assigned. Carry out maintenance and operations by performing the following duties personally or as a team member in a Data Center Operations & Maintenance environment.
- Assisting the Assistant Chief and Chief Engineer to effectively complete assigned tasks in the O&M program for the Data Center as well as any non-Data Center space(s) assigned.
- Follow building operation rules for the Owners building(s) as provided by the Data Center Manager.
- Use and trains others to use the Computerized Maintenance Management system (CMMS) to track all work
- Ensures that PMs and work orders as assigned and scheduled each month are completed and closed out.
- Use STOPS/MOPS/MMRs as appropriate for site operations and maintenance.
- Within the space provided, maintain effective storage and inventory of; spare parts, tools, and service equipment in a neat and orderly manner. Critical Spares are to receive care noted by the DC Manager. Disposes of broken tools, unusable spare parts, and waste materials associated with the O&M program in accordance with managements instructions.
- Coordinates with contractors and vendors as needed for the effective and safe accomplishment of maintenance and project work. This task is to see that contractors and vendors may safely arrive on site, access the facilities properly, be escorted to their work areas, and other safety precautions, with work teams debriefed and safely escorted off site. The preservation of the critical load and the safety of the teams and other site users are top priority.
- Works with safety, security and clients, reporting potential problem areas to management as applicable.
- Receives OJT and other specialized training in areas of specialization. Provides equipment evaluations or suggestions for scope of work for outside contractors as needed.
- Responds to building system alarms, with priority to first preserve the critical load, second minimize equipment or system damage, and third to participate in root cause analysis for prevention of further similar incidents.
- Provides equipment and system operational modifications, such as critical switching, lockout/Tagout, and safe working area set up so that specialty subcontractors may perform assigned or contracted duties while minimizing risk to workers, and protecting the critical load.
- Performs duties to ensure that high standards of workmanship are being met.
- Supervisory responsibilities as assigned
- Available for 24/7 work and emergency corrective maintenance or action activities.
- Complies with all Corporation, and EHS requirements and programs, as provided.
ISS Facility Services is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer that promotes a diverse workplace.
- Journeymen level in electrical, mechanical, HVAC/R disciplines or Associates degree in an electrical or HVAC/R training program or in technical facility maintenance supporting data center operations.
- 4 to 5 years working in Tier 2, Tier 3 or Tier 4 Data Center(s).
- Minimum of 4 years experience in O&M and/or Building Engineering roles.
- Strong knowledge of Work Order Control procedures and Computerized Maintenance Management Systems.
- Experience with subcontractor and vendor contract management.
- Experience with managing key performance indicators as provided by Assistant or Chief Engineer.
- Experience with capacity planning and reporting.
- Able to use hand tools, test equipment, and knowledge of maintenance shop practices with previous experience at the Journeyman level (Electrical and Mechanical Equipment systems)
- Able to respond to equipment alarms, troubleshoot systems through graphic user interfaces on equipment and systems, and understand system operations adequately to be able stabilize system operations while specialized OEM technicians are called to the site.
- Must be able to use personal computers, MS Office (Word and Excel).
- Must have knowledge of mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of algebra.
- Able to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, journals, technical, procedures, or governmental regulations
- Ability to effectively communicate to management and client representatives.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: First Aid and CPR certifications. Certified Data Center Professional (CDCP) preferred.
CareerBuilder - 10 months ago
The world would be a messier place without ISS. One of the world's largest cleaning services companies, ISS (short for Integrated...