McKinstry's success isn't a matter of fate or luck. It's the natural consequence of our commitment to innovation...how we support our employees...the unique truly integrated way we deliver...the long-term relationships we forge with our clients...and our unwavering commitment to creating buildings that are good to their owners, occupants, and the environment. Innovation runs on ideas, which can come from anywhere. Projects at McKinstry are not owned by individuals or departments, but by all of us, which is why it's common to see new employees from one discipline collaborating with 30-year veterans from another. Established in 1960, McKinstry is a full-service design, build, operate and maintain (DBOM) firm with over 1,600 employees. McKinstry"s professional staff and trades people deliver consulting, construction, energy, and facility services. As an early adopter of the DBOM process, the company advocates collaborative and sustainable solutions that are designed to ensure occupant comfort, improve systems efficiency, reduce facility operational costs, and ultimately optimize client profitability for the life of their building. While we are well known for our expertise in design build delivery, our full service offerings of mechanical, electrical, data and plumbing have been the hallmark of our success.
We are currently seeking a Critical Facility Engineer to join the team as a member of our growing Facility Services Division. The qualified candidate will be responsible for:
Maintain Data Center Systems
- Maintain a positive and professional working relationship with internal and external clients
- Respond to customer service requests in a timely manner
- Respond to emergency calls
Qualified candidates will possess the following:
- Perform routine maintenance tasks in accordance with McKinstry Safety Policy and Procedures
- Inspect buildings, grounds and equipment for unsafe or malfunctioning conditions
- Troubleshoot, evaluate and recommend system upgrades
- Order parts and supplies for maintenance and repairs
- Solicit proposals for outsourced work
- Work with vendors and contractors to ensure their work meets McKinstry and Client standards
- Perform all maintenance to ensure the highest level of efficiency without disruption to the business.
- Accurate and timely completion of work order requests
- Escalate issues to Critical Environment Facility Manager as needed
Our company culture includes a robust mix of sound business practices and employee initiatives that promote personal and professional development, work/life balance, health and wellness and community involvement.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite - Word, Excel, Outlook and Visio required; working knowledge of SharePoint preferred.
- Working knowledge of Data Center operations.
- Working knowledge of mechanical, electrical, and life safety monitoring and control systems typically used in critical environments.
- Ability to read blueprints/CAD drawings.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Three (3) years experience in a data center or other Critical Environment required.
- Five (5) years experience in a data center or other Critical Environment preferred.
- Three (3) years Journeyman level HVAC or Electrical experience preferred.
- Trade Certification or state license in Electrical or Mechanical (HVAC) preferred.
- Professional affiliations preferred (24x7, IFMA, and Data Center Pulse)
The McKinstry Group of Companies are equal opportunity employers and do not discriminate on the basis of gender, age, race and color, religion, marital status, national origin, disability or veteran status. We invite you to complete the optional self-identification fields within our application for compliance with government regulations and record-keeping guidelines.
Interviews are given on a competitive basis, using job-related factors, after a application has been received and reviewed. Because of the large number of applications received, not everyone who applies for a vacant position will be interviewed.
Any offer of employment is contingent upon passing pre-employment background requirements.