Supervise operations, maintenance, and repair of gas processing plant(s) to obtain optimum processing within safety ,environmental and economic guidelines and , to maintain and optimize economic utilization of manpower and equipment.
This position will be responsible for 2 separate plants, Crossroads and George Gray
1. Supervises plant operators, mechanics, I & E technicians, and other personnel assigned to plant by planning and scheduling work, providing work direction, performance feedback and training. Trains personnel and verifies qualifications on correct operating procedures, system parameters, plant operations, routine maintenance, etc.
2. Serves as resource for troubleshooting plant operations issues and problem solving, working with subordinates and other resources.
3. Develops and implements preventive maintenance program within plant(s) to ensure reliability and run-time of facility equipment and maximum throughput for plant, minimizing flaring and maximizing efficiencies.
4. Reviews and analyzes various operating data to monitor operating efficiency; evaluates and reviews manpower and operations data to determine methods for improved work quality and quantity to ensure optimum and economical operations.
5. Interfaces and coordinates with commercial and engineering personnel providing input/ ideas on projects related to gas acquisition opportunities, alternatives for process flow, plant optimization and feasibility studies as well as expansion studies; provides input on economic evaluation and cost estimating for projects.
6. Coordinates turn-arounds and schedules other maintenance and repair of equipment working in liaison with maintenance personnel; orders and approves for purchase materials, equipment, parts, to maintain or repair equipment, piping, etc..
7. Works with engineering support group in development/verification of piping designs and process flow diagrams and P& ID’s for plant facility(ies).
8. Interacts with commercial groups in the nomination of sales volumes; reports spec variances and outages, etc 9. Working with company experts, maintains thorough knowledge and understanding of applicable PSM, OSHA, EPA, other environmental/ safety regulations and company processes and procedures and implements appropriate provisions into operating procedures in order to be in compliance. Ensures overall compliance with safety, environmental and other company guidelines, policies, etc.; responsible for proper and timely environmental reporting.
10. Conducts regular safety meetings, helps coordinate safety and environmental training, manages required periodic safety and environmental inspections. Checks work locations and assures systems are properly and safely prepared for maintenance and repair; notifies crews of any unusual and/or hazardous situations which could develop; assures lockout, tag-out and other safety procedures are followed prior to work being commenced and during performance of work.
11. Ensures compliance with PSM regulations; may be member of Process Safety Management team at plant facility(ies); when issuing operations changes, ensures MOC procedures are being followed; also coordinates review of Process Hazard Analysis.
12. From a plant operations perspective, coordinates implementation of projects and ensures successful completion of the assigned project phase within the budgeted time and cost constraints with strong focus on safety and environmental considerations.
13. May fill in for asset manager and in his/her absence, provides guidance and direction for operations/ other personnel.
14. Responsible for developing annual expense budget for plant facility(ies) for higher level approval and controls expenditures in accordance with approved budget for plant.
15. Uses various software (MS Excel, MS Word, workorder system , Maximo KMS, etc.) to perform tasks related to position: tracking measures, processing work orders, etc. .
16. Checks/prepares reports and records and approves (within authority level) invoices, timesheets, etc.
17. Coordinates with other members of management team to operate in best interests of asset and company; interfaces with other asset personnel, technical support personnel, finance/ accounting personnel, etc.
18. Reviews staffing needs to match job requirements. Conducts job interviews for job openings and makes recommendations.
19. Checks/prepares reports and records and approves (within authority level) invoices, timesheets, etc.
20. Manages vehicle fleet for workgroup including monitoring of fuel useage, maintenance costs, replacements.
21. Be available for callout purposes and emergency calls.
Basic Qualifications -
High School plus multiple years upgrade operating experience.
Min of 2 yrs operating experience
Previous supervisory/leadership experience Live or be willing to relocate to within 35 miles of reporting location Able to work extended hours & call-outs as needed
Extensive PC/software skills
Project management skills
Ability to read and understand system maps, fluid flow, piping design, distributed control systems (DCS), SCADA design and process control basics Ability to handle administrative tasks associated with supervision, including multiple priorities Excellent analytical skills Strong team and customer focus orientation Ability to work independently as well as part of a team B.S. degree in science, technical field or business preferred.
Incumbents should have strong knowledge of operations and maintenance associated with a gas processing facility.
DCP Midstream - 14 months ago
DCP Midstream Partners is the publicly traded entity of DCP Midstream LLC, one of the largest natural gas gatherers in North America and...