The primary function is driving Crude Oil Transportation Driver. There is exposure to dust, fumes and high noise levels. Required to drive occasionally in hazardous conditions, including weather, tight quarters, and blighted areas. Compliance with all DOT, Company and Safety Policies, procedures and practices.
- Drive crude oil from field to pipeline injection points
- Accurate measurement of crude oil using API gauging and sampling standards
- Maintain vehicle to comply with all D.O.T. regulations
- Routine preventive maintenance on equipment
- Strong commitment to safe, accurate and timely performance of duties
- Basic computer experience including using Handheld/onboard computer use
- Complies with all Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations and Company policies, procedures, and practices, including Safety Rules and Regulations
- Ensures truck is loaded properly with correct fuels for each drop location
- Delivers products in correct quantities as instructed by Logistics Coordinator
- Loads fuel as instructed at designed truck rack
- Completes documentation consisting of Bills of Lading (BOL), Inventory, DVCR's (Pre and Post Trips), Orders, and Fuel Ticket copies. Ensures fuel tickets match orders
- Performs general maintenance on truck during shift, including but not limited to: checking oil and fuel levels.
- Completes Pre-Trip procedure and ensures spill kit, fire extinguisher, and truck permit paperwork are on/in the truck
- Provides friendly, courteous, and professional service to customers including obtaining and providing information amounts of fuel delivered
- Keeps Logistics Coordinator/Logistics Team Leaders informed of any potential customer issues, complaints, spills, leaks, incidents, accidents or injuries or vehicle problems
- Completes work as assigned by Logistics Coordinators. Completes route as assigned in an efficient and safe manner
- Informs Maintenance of any vehicle issues
- Ensures truck is kept clean and cab is cleaned daily
- Informs Logistics Coordinator and Logistics Team Leader immediately of any DOT fines, citations, or other relevant issues
- Complies with Performance Measures, including:
- Avoids overfills, spillages or transmixes during deliveries or while loading and unloading
- Deliveries are made in an efficient and safe manner
- Minimizes delays on routes
- No tickets or moving violations
- Logistics Coordinator/Team Leader are satisfied with work performance
- Customer is satisfied with work performance (evidenced by lack of complaints)
- Notifies, in advance, Logistics Coordinator/Team Leader of any absence, late arrivals or early departures consistent with policies, procedures and practices
- Truck is neat, clean and in proper operating condition at the end of each shift
- Paper work and reports are up-to-date and accurate
- Tardiness and absenteeism is within the acceptable range
- Logistics Coordinator/Team Leader is continually kept informed of any potential problems with customers, jobs, delivery deadlines, accidents, tickets, injuries or other relevant matter
- Identifies potential sales leads via route/customer communications
Required Education & Certification:
- One (1) year Crude Oil hauling.
- Minimum of one and a half (1.5) years of verifiable tractor-trailer experience or a graduate of an accredited truck driving school;
- H2S Certification preferred
- Able to read, write, and speak the English language
- Possess a CDL A license, with proper endorsements and medical card
- Minimum of one (1) year experience driving large truck
- Physically capable of using equipment to load and unload transport trucks, including pulling hoses and climbing onto the top of the tanker
- Physically capable to participate in Heavy lifting, bending, squatting, climbing, carrying hoses/nuzzles weighing 50 lbs
- Experience driving in snow, ice, tight corners, and other weather conditions
- Acceptable driving record with no major convictions within the last three (3) years. No more than three (3) minor convictions in the last three (3) years and no more than six (6) points on driving record
- Provide at least three (3) current job references
- Able to withstand exposure to dust, fumes, and high noise levels
- Able to communicate effectively in order to take instructions from Logistics Coordinator/s, Logistics Team Leaders, co-workers, and customers.
- Must be competent at math to verify quantities and volumes.
- Must be able to read and understand road signs, instructions, routes and other paperwork
- Demonstrate patience during load/wait times/traffic
- Pass a pre-employment physical and drug screen test
- 2+ years experience as transport driver is preferred
Why You Will Love to Come to Work Every Day:
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
Atlas is a fast-paced, goal-oriented company, with an unquenchable thirst for success. Team members work hard, love what they do, focus on customers, and have fun in the process. Winning attitudes abound, we recruit, hire, train, retain, and reward the best talent in the industry.
What stands out to visitors is our warm, inviting atmosphere and our dynamic energy directed to guests, co-workers and customers. Our Core Values are alive in our environment. Atlas Oil Company's CEO, Sam Simon personally facilitates his course on Corporate Culture to newly hired team members.
Atlas Oil Company's Core Values are not just words on a paper. We believe in them. We live by them. They are an important component of how we operate on a daily basis. They are as follows:
Integrity, innovation, personal and professional growth, combined with a strong passion to win, contribute to the phenomenal growth and successes Atlas has experienced. We create Win/Win Solutions and operate with the highest possible standards of business and professional ethics
- Grow or Go
- Pride and Image
- Customer Focus
- Solution Driven
- Do the Right Thing
Team members are our most valuable assets - if you are dynamic, dedicated to producing quality results, and possess the necessary job qualifications, please consider joining our team!
Atlas Oil Company's dedication to quality is not only reflected in our products and services but also in our team members. At Atlas Oil Company, we are committed to providing:
- Our consumer with a total fuel solution
- Our team members with career challenges and rewards
- Our communities with support and assistance
Our work environment is positive, upbeat, business casual and welcoming to everyone. Being an equal employment opportunity employer, we are a diverse workforce with team members located in multiple states. We advocate an open door policy, teamwork, career growth, and promoting from within. Our team members are our most valuable assets and we invest in them through seminars, training and rewarding career opportunities.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Atlas Oil Company provides equal employment opportunities to all team members and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, weight and height or military status, in accordance with applicable federal laws.