Gemini Motor Transport operates trucks across the United States, servicing Love’s Travel Stops Wholesale and Retail customers. Our Fuel Transport positions are among the best in the industry. At Gemini we strive to achieve only the highest safety ratings in our business, for our professional drivers and for our loyal customers.
BASIC PURPOSE :
This position requires CDL drivers to transport oil on and off road (in mud, snow, ice and during all weather and lighting conditions) from pickup locations to drop off locations safely without spills or other incidents.
- Responsible for building and maintaining reports and other documentation for the safe transfer of petroleum products between a variety of containers.
- Responsible for communicating with dispatch, customers, vendors and other employees as needed.
- Required to follow all applicable federal, state and local company regulatory rules and regulations that are in accordance with documentation of product transfer and commercial transportation.
- Responsible for performing regulated safety inspections including but not limited to: pre and post trip vehicle inspections, lease safety inspections, and delivery location inspections.
- Responsible for submitting or maintaining regular inspections and reports; DVIR reports.
- Will be responsible for testing and measuring petroleum product samples including but not limited to: BS&W measurement, API measurement, tank strapping, tank bottom measurement, etc.
- Could be involved with documentation with all incident investigations and submit reports as required.
- Comply with the utmost safety and security standards and expectations for all operations and locations.
- Responsible for equipment cleanliness, testing equipment care, and minor maintenance on all operated equipment.
- Will attend regular training as required.
- Employee will follow company guidelines in regards to acceptable conduct when dealing with customers and fellow employees.
- Schedule and location adjustments may change with limited notice based on business needs.
- Must be able to work mandatory overtime as required.
- Other duties assigned as needed.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
SKILLS AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Education :
- HS Diploma or equivalent preferred
- Must have a CDL and appropriate and/or state requirements
- Experience :
- A minimum of 2 years of verifiable Class A crude transporting experience is also preferred.
- Skills :
- Must possess a valid Class A commercial driver’s license with haz mat and tanker endorsements, and a clean driving record preferred.
- Ability to manage numerous competing demands in an extremely high stress environment.
- High organizational skills preferred.
- Basic mathematical functions and basic English reading/writing required.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Typical Physical Demands:
- Requires normal range of hearing and vision.
- Ability to walk, bend, reach, push, stoop, squat, as well as grasp, lift, and handle up to 100 lbs
- Must physically qualify and obtain a Medical Examiner’s Certificate
- Ability to have a flexible schedule.
- Requires work in a limited space area, including lying in the supine position on the ground to install tire chains
- Manual dexterity sufficient to operate a computer keyboard and calculator.
- Ability to drive up to 11 hours and work up to 14 hours and sit for extended period of time
Gemini Motor Transport - 19 months ago
CDL Class A Driver
- 30+ days ago
- 16 days ago