Division: Biological Assessment
Function: Product Evaluation
State/Province: Florida [FL]
Position Title: Cucurbit Experimental Variety Trialing Internship
Job ID: 4219
Perform duties encompassed with trial planting, evaluating, and data input for watermelon and summer squash. Maintain communication with Syngenta representatives, the Eastern Cucurbit trial officer, regarding the organization of duties and the yield information. The intern will be expected to make a presentation of their data collections.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
Critical knowledge: and education requirements:
- College level experience and knowledge in vegetable production.
- Experimental field plot trial work and trial design mandatory.
- Critical Skills
- Ability to work independently
- Effective trial design skills
- Effective data collection skills
- Strong organization and problem solving skills
- Ability to communicate and work well with others
- Ability to maintain a safe working environment
- Basic computer skills, including Excel, Word, and Powerpoint
- Basic skills and understanding of statistics
- Basic presentation skills
- Valid driver’s license required
Critical Success Factors & Key Challenges:
- Two (2) or more years of comparable experience in watermelon and squash trial work.
Additional Information:Working conditions/physical demands:
- Accurate and timely data collection of all assigned trials
- Regular communication with Syngenta representatives and Eastern Cucurbit Trial officer
- Maintain a respectful relationship with growers and cooperators at all times
- Effective presentation of trial results
- Must have the ability to lift 40-60 pounds, climb, and bend torso.
- Working conditions: Hazards: Pesticides, solvents, paints, power equipment, machetes; Environment: Extreme heat, dust, mud, wet, muddy conditions.
- Requires long shifts- greater than 8 hour days and a work week of 7 days
Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)
Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA)
Syngenta - 15 months ago
copy to clipboard
Plagues of locusts, weevils, or any other kind of crop-destroying bugs were no match for Syngenta Crop Protection. The subsidiary of...