Job Summary: Facilitates cooking demonstrations utilizing Recipe Card Program, featuring specialty foods and proprietary products. Develops customer base by providing excellent customer service within the demonstration area and throughout the store. Responds to customer questions and promotes good relations. Educates customers on in the areas of specialty products and their preparation. Demonstrates a genuine passion for foods that is infectious to our customer base.
Note: This position supports all Metropolitan Market stores, candidate must have flexibility to travel to multiple store locations.
Specific Job Duties:
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
· Anticipates customer needs and questions prior to demonstration; contacts the appropriate Department Manager to obtain product information, thus ensuring informed and comprehensive customer service is provided during the demonstration.
· Immediately greets all customer; demonstrates genuine enthusiasm and sincerity; customizes approach to meet customer needs and build rapport. Works to create customer loyalty through individualized service.
· Effectively shifts-gears to meet customer needs; moves with ease from greeting to providing product information, up-selling, closing the sale, thanking the customer and inviting them back. Effectively assesses customers’ needs and appropriately suggests products. Offers customers opportunities to interact with products.
· Develops customer base by providing excellent customer service within the demonstration area and throughout the store; effectively secures the assistance of other store personnel as needed, ensuring the customer receives outstanding service throughout the store.
· Effectively plans food quantities; prepares products for demonstration within allotted time period.
· Properly stores foods that will not be immediately used for demonstration; adheres to all food safety requirements. Consistently demonstrates knowledge of HACCP and Department of Health provisions.
· Adheres to food temperature requirements during demonstration, including hot and cold holding specifications. Promptly discards any products that do not meet HACCP and Department of Health standards, or appear less than presentable under Metropolitan Market’s quality expectations.
· Creates displays that are plentiful and show an abundance of products; maintains quality and quantity of display items throughout demonstration(s).
· Maintains the Kiosk area in a clean, organized, customer-friendly manner. Ensure the area is tidy, sanitary, fresh and well preserved (i.e., replaces displayed ice that begins to melt, promptly cleans counter areas).
· Organizes and orders Recipe Cards as required/assigned by the Culinary & Community Events Director.
· Assumes responsibility for home store’s paper supply (i.e., plates, utensils, napkins, special items); ensures ample, not excessive, back-stock of all supplies; ensures back-stock is organized and labeled.
· Works a flexible schedule as required by business needs.
· Other responsibilities as assigned by the Culinary & Community Events Director.
Skills Required / Qualifications:
Candidates will be selected from applicants having the best combination of the following qualifications:
· Degree in Culinary Arts, or a related field, or the equivalent combination of education and experience preferred.
· Three to five years of progressive culinary experience, including chef experience within the restaurant industry or food preparation within a delicatessen, preferred.
· Minimum of one year experience in a restaurant or delicatessen environment working with food preparation and development required.
· Must possess a minimum of two years retail and/or customer service experience.
· Proficient computer skills including and experience with multi-line telephone systems required.
· Experience in Lotus Notes, MS Word, Excel, and Access necessary.
· Attention to detail and exceptional organizational skills a must. Analytical and problem solving skills required.
· Superior oral and written communication skills required, including good punctuation, spelling and grammar. Strong interpersonal skills essential.
· Ability to prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously and produce quality output while working within deadlines a must. Sense of urgency required.
· Proven ability to interact and perform all job responsibilities with professionalism and confidentiality essential.
It is the policy of Food Markets Northwest, Inc. d.b.a. Metropolitan Market and its members to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, gender, age, genetic information, creed, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability or any other bases protected under applicable local, state, or federal law.
Metropolitan Market - 15 months ago