The Seasonal Culinary Farm Worker will assist the Manager – Culinary Farm with daily operations of the farms and planting areas.
• Will be involved with a wide range of farming activities.
• Will assist with planting and maintaining crops, operating farm equipment and other general maintenance of the farm, plots and terraces.
• Will work to pack and load crops for shipment.
• Will help monitor the need for repairs of the fences and building structures as well as and checking and safely operating the farm equipment.
• Will work with a variety of farm equipment to plow, sow seeds, and harvest crops.
• Assisting with the maintenance of Plots and Land:
o New Conservatory farm at Krug Winery (3 acres).
o Deer Park gardens and orchard.
o CIA Herb Terraces and citrus orchard.
o South Terraces.
o Carpy House areas.
o Greystone Campus.
o Any new campus areas allotted to farm production.
• High School diploma or equivalent GED
• Do you have a minimum of 3 years of collective work experience in the farming, landscaping or agricultural industry?
Licenses / Certifications:
o Valid Driver's License issued by the DMV is required.
- No DUI/DWI's, revoked or suspended Driver's License in the past 5 years.
- No more than 1 moving violation in the past 12 months.
o Valid Forklift Certification preferred.
o Valid ServSafe Food Handler certificate preferred.
• Solid basic understanding of seeding, planting, maintaining and harvesting of crops.
• Regular work requires a great deal of standing, lifting, bending and stretching.
• Must pass a pre-employment drug test and be willing to submit to and pass random drug testing with or without notice; throughout your employment.
• Must be able to stand for 8 hours.
• Ability to work in extreme temperatures hot and cold for long periods.
• Ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
Respect for diversity is a core value of The Culinary Institute of America, an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer committed to fostering a diverse learning and working environment.
Culinary Institute of America - 11 months ago