ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following and other duties may be assigned:
1. Practice and abide by all KSL Hotel del Coronado rules and regulations, safety and sanitation policies at all times.
2. Total ownership – ensure all health safety regulations are in compliance at all times at a 95% or better for health scores
3. Achieve compliance with all Health Department regulations – special attend to temperature control of heating, cooling, reheating, storage, dating rotation and holding temperatures. Regulating to include a temperature control log at all times
4. Achieve goals set for guest surveys in a particular category
5. Ownership – ensure financial goals are achieved in safety, food cost %, labor cost % and associate injury %.
6. Ability to change menus seasonally and create best in class food product
7. Be at your work station at the time you are scheduled. Follow the time clock procedures by punching in up to seven minutes prior to your shift and punching out up to seven minutes following your shift.
8. Create and maintain recipe picture guides for all menu items using the existing format.
9. Consult Executive Chef if you are unsure of a particular task.
10. The hotel is open seven days per week, 24 hours per day. You may be asked to work hours other than scheduled.
11. Store all items in approved containers that are wrapped, dated and labeled. Do not store anything in cans.
12. Clean all small equipment such as mixers, buffalo choppers, etc., yourself immediately after using them.
13. Responsible for upholding quality standards, portion control, production level and presentation of food.
14. Cleanliness of the kitchen in adherence to all health regulations in food preparation, storage and service.
15. Attend all safety and departmental meetings and participate.
16. Daily communication with the Chef regarding quality problems, customer comments, employee problems, specials, suggestions, etc.
17. Sees to the strict adherence to all menu and recipe specifications by all kitchen employees.
18. Responsible for utilization of left over food and proper production in accordance with forecasted business.
19. Supervises and approves requisitioning of all products from storeroom.
20. Responsible for security of kitchen at all times including food and liquor.
21. Train all associates on our policies, procedures and standards.
22. Work closely with other managers in the kitchen and other food and beverage department managers.
23. Responsible for month end inventory.
24. Be able to cover any station in the event of an emergency.
25. Ability to work under a multi task environment
26. Must be certified with a Food Handler’s card or passed the Food Handlers test given by the hotel.
27. Must always maintain a safe work environment
28. Ability to order through requisition system.
To supervise all aspects of the kitchen and uphold quality and production standards. To insure that all KSL Hotel policies and procedures are strictly adhered to by all employees.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Apprenticeship or culinary trade school degree, at least five years in hotel kitchens with high volume and quality, and previous supervisory experience.
The Grove Park Inn - 13 months ago