TITLE: Culinary Lead
CLASSIFICATION: Part-time, Non-exempt
REPORTS TO: Resident Chef
The first Sur La Table store opened in Seattle's Pike Place Market in 1972 selling hard-to-find kitchenware imported from France. Since then the company has expanded to more than 80 stores nationwide, a direct-mail business distributing millions of catalogs each year, an e-commerce site, a gift registry, and a cooking class program.
Sur La Table prides itself in being the premiere retailer for creative cooking and artful entertaining through a legacy in culinary innovation, authenticity and discovery. If you have a passion for exceptional customer service and authentic culinary tools and serving pieces from around the world, we welcome you to join Sur La Table.
Completes administrative assignments and tasks to ensure effective operations of the Culinary Program.
RESPONSIBILITIES (including, but not limited to):
REQUIREMENTS (including, but not limited to):
- Teaches at least 1 culinary class per week.
- Assists with online registration and reporting. Records telephone and store reservations for classes.
- Models and creates an environment for exceptional customer service.
- Maintains highest standards of cleanliness. Follows proper inventory control guidelines.
- Prepares materials in advance of class start time. Ensures copies, cooking supplies, cleaning supplies, linens and seating are ready and available.
- Complies with all company policies and procedures. Protects company assets and follows Loss Prevention procedures.
- Available to work on the sales floor to enhance product knowledge. Attends all store meetings and product training events.
- Completes Kitchen Assistant duties as needed including shopping, serving prepared foods, washing dishes, cleaning kitchen, helping customers and packaging/labeling/storing leftovers.
- Acts as proxy for Resident Chef as needed and directed.
- Performs additional duties as needed to be determined by the Resident Chef and/or Assistant Chef.
- 1-2 years experience as chef instructor, chef, caterer, chef de cuisine, sous chef or equivalent required.
- 1-2 years retail sales, supervision or similar customer facing experience required.
- Degree in Culinary Arts or Bachelor of Arts preferred.
- Current food handler’s permit required.
- Demonstrates a passion for cooking, entertaining and Sur La Table products.
- Demonstrates exceptional customer service skills.
- Demonstrates excellent communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and effectively prioritize.
- Ability to collaborate with others and take initiative to meet program goals.
- Must be able to stand at least 5 hours at a time.
- Must be able to lift up to 35 pounds on a regular basis
In 1972, the first Sur La Table store opened in Seattle’s Pike Place Market. It was a place where serious cooks found a surprising...