The Culinary Manager is responsible for the purchasing of all food products for 10,000+ meals (breakfast, lunch, & snacks) we provide daily to local schools.
The Culinary Manager will be responsible for all product ordering (e.g. broadline distribution, produce, packaging, and dairy distribution) inventory, and spec compliance, specifically: planning, purchasing, placing PO’s, receiving product, inventory management, vendor relations, and reporting required for the role.
The Culinary Manager reports to the local General Manager (G.M.) & Home Office Director of Purchasing.
SPECIFIC DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to the following:
QUALITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Daily purchasing - purchases according to menu planning, product specifications, and COGs control system using costing tools and budgets as directed by the Director of Purchasing & G.M.
- Determine, place and confirm all purchase Orders - correct/efficient ordering patterns/cycles ie. even pallets.
- Adhere to Master Specification List - ordering Rev Foods spec’d products only.
- Submit all PO’s with correct pricing as supplied by the Director of Purchasing.
- Order new products in a timely manner to arrive prior to menu date.
- Minimize Stock out/emergency protocol.
- Identify & communicate all issues/concerns regarding long inventory and short shelf life to G.M. & Director of Purchasing.
- Manage Frequency of delivery vs. storage space and menu date.
- Participate and provide input (specifics) with Menu Planning.
- Coordinate shipping/receiving of product to/from off-site facilities.
- Manages the procedures for ordering, receiving, storing, and packaging meals and foods items in large quantities. Implementing and maintaining “first in first out” principles of inventory management.
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with manufacturers and kitchen employees.
- Ensures food and packaging returns and credits are accurately processed as directed by the G.M..
- Coordinate product quality issues and vendor performance with Director of Purchasing & Quality Assurance.
- Maintain positive manufacturer/distributor relationships.
- Establishes a culture of respect, hard work, consistency and effective communication in the production facility and when interfacing with outside clientele.
- Works with Production Manager to oversee daily waste log and accuracy of waste cost reporting.
- Participates in hiring, staff training and development, and the supervision of the receiving staff.
- Manage the Fruit Rotation & Compliance, as it relates to purchasing (i.e., purchasing correct sizes/varieties).
- Manage the inventory counting staff & overall process of taking inventory.
- Responsible for information in Rev Foods purchasing system (Eatec): purchasing, receiving, updating pricing, inventory counts.
- Adheres to the Federal, State, and District rules and regulations pertaining to school meals and child nutrition compliance.
- Complies with all state and federal Health and Safety codes.
- Performs other duties, as assigned, and follows through on requests in a timely manner.
The successful candidate will possess the following skills and attributes:
- Foodservice experience preferred.
- Entrepreneurial spirit and drive needed to work effectively within a young and growing company.
- Two to three years food purchasing and vendor management experience.
- Strong oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong computer skills are required - proficiency in Excel and Outlook and the ability to quickly learn new programs is required.
- Able to work well with others and participate as part of a team.
- Proven management experience including training and development of team.
- Able to multi-task in a professional, respectful manner with keen attention to detail.
- Committed to the Revolution Foods mission that all children will have access to nutritious, tasty food to support the development of healthy minds and bodies.
- Able to lift 50 pounds and physically perform requirements of job.
- Forklift certified a plus.
- Bi/Multi Lingual is a plus.
- Valid driver's license required.
Revolution Foods - 16 months ago