Why is one person more likely to develop a disease, like cancer, than someone else? Why would one person respond differently to treatment than another? Illumina’s technologies are helping researchers and clinicians around the world to answer these questions and others, on a scale not even possible a few years ago.
Illumina is the only life sciences company developing genome-wide technologies for genotyping, gene expression and sequencing—the three cornerstones of modern genetic analysis. By enabling studies of thousands of patient samples at once, our products set genetic discovery on fast forward. And we’re just getting started.
As a curation scientist in Illumina’s Enterprise Informatics Business Unit, you will work as part of a multi-disciplinary curation team to help integrate public and proprietary translational research and clinical trial data into Illumina’s platform data solutions. You will be responsible for the curation of patient genomic and clinical data and aligning the data with existing architecture and ontologies.
Require skills and experience
- Curate clinical studies, harmonize content with biomedical ontologies, and integrate clinical data
- Take a leadership role in projects and set standards for therapeutic areas independently
- Write detailed reports and present results and project assessments to senior management
- Perform other duties as assigned
Preferred skills and experience
- Master’s degree in cancer biology, genetics, molecular biology or related field
- 1-2 years’ experience in commercial biotech/biomedical science industry
- DNA and RNA-based genomic assay analysis and interpretation experience
- Highly motivated, accurate and detail oriented with the proven ability to think innovatively toward solving problems effectively and efficiently
- Ability to work effectively under pressure to meet aggressive deadlines and handle multiple activities simultaneously
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
When you join the high-performing team at Illumina, your work takes on new meaning—to an exponential degree. Our growth, our positive culture, and the impact our products are having in the world, ignite a passion that drives our people forward. And together, we accomplish beyond expectations
- PhD in cancer biology, genetics, molecular biology or related field
- Strong proficiency interpreting and manipulating large datasets and databases
) is a leading developer, manufacturer, and marketer of life science tools and integrated systems for the analysis of genetic variation and function. We provide innovative sequencing and array-based solutions for genotyping, copy number variation analysis, methylation studies, gene expression profiling, and low-multiplex analysis of DNA, RNA, and protein. We also provide tools and services that are fueling advances in consumer genomics and diagnostics. Our technology and products accelerate genetic analysis research and its application, paying the way for molecular medicine and ultimately transforming healthcare.
Illumina elucidates the human genome. The firm makes tools used by life sciences and drug researchers to isolate and analyze...