- High visibility engineering role supporting the Aerospace & Defense industry. The current product engineer is responsible for managing legacy product changes & issues for the Aerospace & Defense product line. These can include material, supplier, tooling, and process changes as well as product quality issues.
- Collaborates with many different groups within the company including Manufacturing, Quality, Purchasing, Sales, Corporate Technology, and other business units.
- Manages multiple large scale projects at once. Utilizes MS Project to produce timeline forecasts and adhere to project timelines.
- Works with Sales and Engineering to match customer validation requirements to realistic and cost-effective validation plans.
- Works with Manufacturing and Purchasing to ensure production readiness & smooth transition of product changes.
- Supports development of product replacement solutions by working to assess technical viability and feasibility. Identifies and assists in the development of needed testing and analytical requirements to meet product specifications and validation plans.
- Assists in researching, conducting experiments, gathering data and developing preliminary findings, and preparing written reports for further review. Implements value added solutions such as new technologies, cost reductions and/or quality improvements.
- Performs basic engineering calculations, investigations, and tasks. Collaborates with more experienced engineers to provide follow-up and engineering assistance on defined problems.
- Assists in preparing reports, graphs, planning layouts, and summaries designed to communicate project progress or results.
- Reviews and updates engineering material specifications and part drawings.
- Ensures compliance with government and organization engineering standards.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering
- No minimum experience required.
This position is subject to International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and related rules. Therefore, all applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a “U.S. person” as a U.S. citizen, permanent resident, political asylee or refugee.
- Demonstrated project management
- Excellent communication
- Proficient technical writer
- Must display strong leadership
- Very organized and detail oriented
- Oracle, SharePoint, Minitab, InfoPath and Team Center experience a plus
- GADSL, REACH, RoHS, experience a plus
Donaldson Company, Inc. - 11 months ago