Published Job Title: Curriculum Specialist
Published Division/Department: US Sales
Requisition #: 5604
Country: United States
Percentage of Travel: 70% - 80%
Position Type: Full Time - Regular
Shift: 1st Shift
Interest Category: Sales / Business Development
Curriculum Specialists are responsible for the delivery of K-12 production implementation and service, as determined by manager. These Curriculum Specialists have an understanding of a variety of products specializing in some, but continuing to gain knowledge of a broader content and product line. The delivery of persuasive, customer-focused sales presentations and informative and effective implementations is crucial. This position is accountable for effective sales presentations and implementations to current and potential customers in order to foster sales satisfaction and confidence in HMH products and to encourage their future use. Individuals are distinguished by their ability to consistently deliver effective and persuasive sales presentations, willingness to learn and demonstrate knowledge in a variety of content and product lines, and their desire to continue to learn and to craft their presentation and communication skills.
· Demonstrates understanding of assigned disciplines including core and supplemental products as well as technology associated with such products.
· Works with Account Executives to understanding client needs and transfer this knowledge – pre, during, and post sale.
· Delivers effective solution-based sales presentations tailored to the client’s needs. Presents HMH products in an organized, accurate, and motivating manner that elicits audience response and convinces individuals to support HMH programs; customizes the sales message with awareness of customer needs, campaign issues, and competitive knowledge; comprehensively covers all sales points, hitting on the competition and effectively closes the presentation with a call to action on the part of the customer; appropriately adjusts to response and needs of audience; handles questions and overcomes objections.
· Works with National and Regional Content Specialists in the development of sales presentations and customizing, as necessary, to secure revenue.
· Works to refine and to develop market, curriculum, and product knowledge by reading the market, recognizing trends, determining customer needs and communicating effectively with the sales team.
· Demonstrates extensive knowledge about curriculum issues and utilizes said information to build a foundation for effective communication with customers.
· Demonstrates a depth of product knowledge in order to positioning product in a way that reflects product strengths while aligning with market issues, curriculum trends, and customer needs.
· Utilizes knowledge of competitors’ products to enhance product positioning; serves as a resource for customers and colleagues when market or product information is needed; stays abreast of new developments in technology.
· Delivers in-service training that builds comprehensive product knowledge and effectively prepares teachers to use HMH programs; customizes in-service training based on customer needs; prepares and delivers effective interactive workshops that reflect new and creative ideas relating to current issues and trends and provides stimulating ideas for teachers to take back to their classrooms; responds to audience by adjusting workshops as conditions warrant.
· Provides timely feedback on activities conducted in a territory to the appropriate Sales Executive and manager; communicates information uncovered regarding customer needs to the sales rep and manager in order to capitalize on sales opportunities and position product effectively; communicates with customer before each scheduled in-service to determine needs in order to customize for the district; uses voicemail and e-mail appropriately and effectively; submits required reports in a timely manner.
· Additional responsibilities may include assignments such as: § District evaluation rubrics§ Recordings of sales presentations (internal and external use)§ Presentation/implementation development (content expertise)
Requirements This position requires a Bachelor’s Degree in Education or proficient experience with a focus on math, science, reading and/or langauage arts. Must be able to use MS Office Suite, and WebEx tools.This position has irregular work hours, requiring overnight trips and extensive travel - driving and air. Must be able to lift and move up to 50 lbs on a regular basis.
Must have a valid driver's license and clear driving record.
Houghton Mifflin Harcourt is a global learning company with the mission of changing people’s lives by fostering passionate, curious...