The Educational Service Center of Cuyahoga County is seeking qualified candidates for a Curriculum and Instruction Specialist position
Full Time Contract (Days Negotiable)
- Master’s Degree in Curriculum and Instruction, Educational Administration or appropriate related field or evidence of equivalency.
- Five years successful teaching experience and/or three years of administrative/leadership experience.
- Successful leadership experience, expertise and knowledge base at the district, building and/or classroom levels in several of the following areas: Curriculum development and implementation, research based instructional practices, formative and summative assessment, Statewide Testing, project based learning, instructional technology/blended learning delivery, Statewide Principal/Teacher Evaluation System, data analysis, data-based decision making, strategic problem solving, coaching and consulting, school change & improvement, and providing high quality professional development to school administration, teaching staff and support personnel.
- ODE issued certificate/license.
- Such alternative or additional qualifications as the Board may find appropriate or acceptable for the position.
RESPONSIBILITIES (include but not limited to):
- Provide professional development and technical assistance to support the development and implementation of curriculum and instruction, research based instructional practices, formative and summative assessment, Statewide Testing, project based learning, Instructional Technology/blended learning delivery, Statewide Principal/Teacher Evaluation System for traditional public school districts and community schools.
- Provide leadership, expertise and knowledge to facilitate district level teams, building level teams and teacher based teams in using research-based instructional and assessment practices to increase student achievement and close the achievement gap for all subgroups.
- Provide professional development and technical assistance to communicate and clarify changes in regional and statewide initiatives that impact traditional and community schools
- Provide leadership to facilitate collaborative professional activities to enhance instruction and student achievement with traditional and community schools
- Experience in facilitating professional development and coaching for both urban and suburban faculty.
- Other duties as may be assigned.
Salary (commensurate with experience and training) and Competitive Fringe Benefit Package (Medical/Dental/Vision/Life/Employee Assistance)
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION:
May 27, 2014