YUBA COMMUNITY COLLEGE DISTRICT
CUSTODIAL MAINTENANCE WORKER - .50 FTE - Extended
DEPARTMENT: MAINTENANCE AND OPERATIONS
FINAL FILING DATE: THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 14, 2013 BY 12:00 NOON
(POSTMARKS ARE NOT ACCEPTED)
LOCATION: *SCHEDULED TO BE ASSIGNED TO: COLUSA COUNTY OUTREACH FACILITY
SALARY: $1240.38 - $1359.18/MO. (CSEA Salary Schedule, initial placement will not be higher than the above listed salary, the top step for this position is $1713.57/MO.)
COMMENCING: As Soon As Possible
Under the direction of the Executive Dean, maintain assigned rooms, buildings, equipment and grounds in a clean, orderly and secure manner; perform minor maintenance, custodial and groundskeeping functions in support of an assigned campus.
• Clean chalkboards, trays and erasers; clean drinking fountains; clean and disinfect bathrooms; clean and polish metal work; assure dispensers are adequately supplied. (E)
• Sweep sidewalks and patios; mop, scrub, polish, strip and wax floors; spot clean, vacuum and shampoo rugs and carpets; clean as needed for breakage, spillage or illness. (E)
• Wash windows, door glass and walls; dust a variety of surfaces. (E)
• Move, rearrange and clean furniture and equipment. (E)
• Inspect buildings for fire, safety & sanitary hazards; report needed repair work to appropriate
• Lock doors and windows; turn lights on and off; replace bulbs and tubes. (E)
• Perform minor seasonal grounds maintenance activities such as watering, leaf raking, parking lot
cleaning and sprinkler repair. (E)
• Perform minor building maintenance activities in the areas of painting, plumbing and electrical; form
and pour concrete. (E)
• Maintain inventory of custodial supplies and tools and order as necessary. (E)
• Empty and clean waste receptacles; empty pencil sharpeners.
• Inspect and secure buildings when security alarms are activated as assigned.
• Perform related duties as assigned.
• Minor building maintenance and repair.
• Health and safety regulations.
• Methods, materials and equipment used in cleaning and maintaining various types of building
surfaces, furniture and equipment.
• Common hazards to safety found in and around buildings.
• Sprinkler system operation.
• Perform minor sprinkler system and building maintenance repairs.
• Activate and reset security system.
• Prepare purchase requests.
• Work independently with little direction.
• Understand and follow oral and written instructions.
• Work cooperatively with others.
• Meet schedules and time lines.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Any combination equivalent to: graduation from high school and one year custodial or maintenance experience.
LICENSES AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
• Valid California driver’s license.
• Indoor and outdoor environment.
• Driving a vehicle to conduct work.
• Subject to evening or variable hours.
• Lifting heavy objects.
• Standing and walking for extended periods of time.
• Bending at the waist.
• Climbing ladders.
• Seeing to assure proper and complete cleaning.
• Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate cleaning equipment.
• Cleaning chemicals and related fumes.
Demonstrate sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic,
cultural, disability and ethnic backgrounds of community college students.
* This position is anticipated to be assigned to the Colusa County Outreach Facility but may be assigned temporarily or permanently within the District.
IF YOU NEED REASONABLE ACCOMMODATION TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION, contact our TTY line (hearing impaired) (530) 634-7760.
Categorically funded positions are contingent upon funding. Smoking is restricted in many areas of the Yuba Community College District. Woodland Community College is a tobacco free campus.
WORK DAY, WORK WEEK, and WORK YEAR:
The District has the right to establish work day, work week, work year; hours of positions within the District may vary.
A candidate selected for interview will be required to visit Woodland Community College at his/her own expense upon a date selected by the District. Meeting the minimum qualifications does not guarantee an interview.
Must include a U.S. evaluation and translation. Please contact the Office of Human Resources for a list of agencies providing this service.
PRE-EMPLOYMENT REQUIREMENTS: All Academic, Classified and Management employees shall be required to provide fingerprints to the District for the purpose of obtaining a criminal history as authorized by the California Education Code and all fees are the responsibility of the selected candidates. All prospective Administrative and Classified employees shall be required to provide verification of freedom from tuberculosis.
Yuba Community College District is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and guarantees equal opportunity regardless of race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, gender, marital status, disability, religious or political affiliation, age or sexual orientation and does not discriminate in its educational programs, in employment nor in any other of its activities.
PART-TIME (less than .60 FTE):
Part-time positions less than .60 FTE are not entitled to any District paid fringe benefits. The District does however; provide the employee prorated leaves including vacation, sick leave and paid holidays. Employees less than .50 FTE contribute to an Alternative Retirement System (Apple). Employees whose, FTE is between .50 and .60 contribute to the California Public Employees Retirement System (CalPERS).
The District offers a comprehensive benefits package for employees and dependents for positions whose FTE is .60 or higher, valued at over $16,000 annually with a $27.00 monthly out of pocket expense to employees or dependents for monthly premiums. The package includes health, dental, vision, one (1) life insurance policy and an Employee Assistance program. Additional benefits include contributions to the Public Employee’s Retirement System (PERS) which is integrated with Social Security, 457/403b options, Vacation days - 7.33 hrs per month for the first year, 96 hrs per years, 1-5, 12 sick days and 20 holidays. INITIAL PLACEMENT WILL NOT BE HIGHER THAN THE LISTED SALARY, STEP 3 OF THE CSEA SALARY SCHEDULE, ACCORDING TO THE CLASSIFIED POLICY AND PROCEDURES HANDBOOK. THIS DOES NOT APPLY TO INTERNAL CANDIDATES; PLEASE REVIEW THE TOP OF THE FLYER (SALARY).
APPLICATION PROCEDURE & DEADLINE:
A District Classified application and the Diversity Statement are required. The application is available at the Human Resources Office, 2088 North Beale Road, Building 100A, Room 21, Marysville, CA 95901. Or you may call our TTY line at (530) 634-7760 OR visit our Web Site at www.yccd.edu It is the sole responsibility of the applicant to ensure that all application materials are received by the final filing date in the Human Resources Office by THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 14, 2013 BY 12:00 NOON.
All submitted materials become District property, will not be returned, will not be copied and will be considered for this opening only. Faxed, emailed, incomplete and/or late applications will not be forwarded for further consideration.
BlacksinHigherEd.com - 18 months ago