o University of Oregon Housing invites applications for full-time Custodial Services Coordinator. There are currently two vacancies.
o This is a classified position represented by SEIU local 503, Oregon Public Employees Union.
o University of Oregon positions that are at least half-time are eligible for excellent benefits, including health and dental, employer-paid retirement, and tuition benefits for employee or an eligible dependent, sick and vacation leave.
o This recruitment is open to any applicant who meets the qualifications listed below.
TO QUALIFY YOU MUST HAVE:
... two years experience in custodial services work.
* At least one year of experience performing lead work with custodial employees.
* Excellent customer service skills.
* Demonstrated leadership abilities.
* Strong oral and written communication skills.
* Basic computer skills.
* Valid driver's license and good driving record.
University Housing strives to be a multicultural organization that actively includes and engages everyone. We are committed to embracing diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion into our daily work practices and activities; with our ongoing goal to create safe, welcoming, and equitable working and learning environments.
Position is subject to criminal background check. Finalist is subject to successful completion of physical exam and Essential Function Test.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
This position oversees, assigns, coordinates, and inspects the work of custodial employees in residence halls and provides training. Duties include:
... assigning duties and monitoring standards through routine hall inspections; routing repairs needs through appropriate channels; reporting safety issues and other concerns to supervisory staff; ensuring that hazard communication requirements are implemented; performing custodial duties for absent staff.
... disseminating communication and information through phone, e-mail, and campus mail; serving as liaison between staff, management, and other divisions; attending meetings and facilitating area staff meetings, inputting and following up with work orders.
... training and overseeing new employees and temporary workers; reporting progress to managers and recommending further training if needed; recommending retraining for staff with deficiencies in performance.
... maintaining records such as those pertaining to equipment, linen, damages, and repairs; responding to customer requests for service,
... performing cleaning duties in an assigned area including sweeping, dust mopping, and wet mopping floors; vacuuming, edging, and spot cleaning carpets; scrubbing, sanitizing, and maintaining shower and dressing rooms; washing walls, windows and doors; performing high and low dusting; cleaning upholstery; replacing lights, lenses, and other overhead maintenance.
Requires ability to climb stairs extensively, work on ladders, push, pull, prolonged periods of exertion, extensive walking, lifting, and carrying; ability to perform duties with direct customer communication; ability to clean up bodily fluids; some work may be performed outdoors, in freezers, coolers, service tunnels, and basement spaces, and in poorly lighted or noisy areas. Requires extensive contact with building users, the public, and other divisions.
To assist us in making the selection for this position, please respond to the following questions on a separate sheet(s) of paper. Number your responses to correspond to the questions and describe experience and training related to each item. Make sure experience and training described in your responses are included on your application.
1. Describe your experience performing custodial work. Indicate the type of setting (i.e. commercial, industrial, residential) and the range of tasks performed.
2. Describe experience that prepared you to perform lead work responsibilities such as training others to perform custodial work (including safe work practices), assigning duties, inspecting the work of others, communicating performance standards to employees, and notifying managers of deficiencies.
3. This position communicates with a wide range of individuals both orally and in writing and maintains written records. Describe experience that demonstrates your ability to communicate effectively with individuals from diverse backgrounds and cultures.
4. Describe your experience with work order systems and other computer programs.
5. This position has extensive contact with residents and serves as liaison between residents, staff, and management about custodial and maintenance issues. Describe your experience with customer service that demonstrates your ability to serve effectively in this role.