TSTC is the only state-supported technical college system in Texas. TSTC’s statewide role and mission is to efficiently and effectively help Texas meet the high-tech challenges of today’s global economy, in partnership with business and industry, government agencies, and other educational institutions. If this is a mission you could support and help TSTC achieve, please complete our application process.
TSTC Sweetwater's Custodial Department is searching for an energetic team player to become our newest Custodian. As a Custodian you will be required, but not limited to the following duties and responsibilities:
Performs routine work to clean and care for buildings and premises. Work involves responsibility for the proper cleanliness and minor maintenance of the building to which assigned, and for the tools and equipment used. Instructions are received in oral or written form. Work is periodically inspected by a superior for conformance with established standards of building care and maintenance.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works individually or with other employees in performing such duties as sweeping, scrubbing, mopping, waxing, buffing, stripping, vacuuming and cleaning carpets. Dusts and polishes furniture, clean windows, blinds, walls, lights, lavatories, commodes, showers, tubs, etc.
- Mix custodial chemicals, make proper application per label instructions and dispose of wastes properly.
- Reports minor repair requirements to working leader or foreman.
- Helps maintain equipment and replaces light bulbs as needed.
- Service Golf Carts
- Ability to work from ladders or boom lift.
Restricted: Sustained posture or intense attentiveness for prolonged periods. Light lifting (less than 30 lbs.) some walking, pushing, and pulling on a regular basis. Unpleasant Exposure: Moderate exposure to dust, grease, noise, inclement weather, temperature extremes, and unpleasant but not hazardous odors. Occasional exposure to risk controlled by safety precautions. Frequency or severity is limited.
Must have a workable knowledge of custodial equipment such as vacuum cleaners, wet and dry pickups and automatic scrubbers and related equipment.
Must know the modern methods to use in restroom cleaning and be familiar with the chemicals and application used in restroom cleaning.
Minimum Requirements of Education and Experience:
- High school graduate or equivalent plus ability to follow verbal and written instructions.
- Understanding of modern methods in restroom cleaning and application of chemical solutions.
- Prefer previous experience in commercial or ISD custodial work.
- Possess valid Texas Driver's License and be insurable under TSTC Liability Policy.
- Ability to work some weekends when needed.
Annual Salary $18,000-Full-Time