Located just five minutes from the heart of Fort Knox, Camp Carlson Army Recreational Area spans 65 acres of natural beauty, with a 25 acre lake that Catfish, Bluegill, Crappie, and Bass call home. Camp Carlson is the perfect setting for an escape week, weekend, or day and is ideal for Unit, family and extended family outings.
Incumbent will be keeping Camp Carlson cabins, campgrounds, and Recreational Lodge clean.
- Direct Deposit is required
- Social Security card is required
- Birth Certificate, green card, or current passport is required
- Valid Driver's license is required
- Cleans cabins, lodge, stairways, and other areas
- Sweeps, mops, vacuums, scrubs, strips and polishes using light and heavy duty power equipment
- Performs routine maintenance of equipment
- Cleans, disinfects, and deodorizes toilet facilities
- Empties trash
- Washes walls, windows, and ceiling fixtures
- Moves heavy furniture
- Maintains stock of cleaning supplies
- Must have the ability to follow instructions and read signs
- Must have a basic knowledge of common cleaning solvents, cleaning tools, and equipment
- Must be able to perform minor repairs and maintenance of equipment
- Must be able to pass physical and lif up to 50 pounds
There are no educational requirements for this position.
Conditions of employment:
1. Must possess a valid Driver's license
2. You must meet all qualification requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
3. E-Verify: If you are selected for this position, the documentation that you present for purposes of completing the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Form I-9 will be verified through the DHS "E-Verify" system. Federal Law requires DHS to use the E-Verify system to verify the employment eligibility of all new hires, and obligates the new hire to take affirmative steps to resolve any discrepancies identified by the system as a condition of continued employment. The U.S. Department of Army is an E-Verify Participant.
4. All required background check of AR 215-3 must be successfully completed and maintained. Satisfactory completion of a National Agency Check and Inquiries (NACI) that will be initiated prior to appointment to a NAF position.
5. Social Security Card must be presented at time of appointment.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Your qualifications will be evaluated on the following competencies:
Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid experience or volunteer work.
- Minimum Qualifications
- Physical Requirements
- Ability to interpret instructions
- Functional Proficiency (Cleaning)
- Integrity Certification
Nonappropriated Funds (NAF) Regular positions include the following NAF Benefits: Annual and Sick leave, Retirement Plan and 401(k) Plan, Health and Life Insurance, Long Term Care Plan Insurance and Flexible Spending Account. For additional benefits information please refer to http://www.armymwr.org/hr/nafbenefits/default.aspx .
Conversion of employment category (from Flex to RPT/RFT) may be accomplished without further competition in accordance with AR 215-3.
To successfully claim veteran's priority consideration, your resume/supplemental data must clearly show your entitlement. Please review the information listed under the Other Requirements link on this announcement or review our on-line Job Application Kit.
The Department of the Army provides reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please notify the servicing civilian personnel unit. Requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.
The Department of Army Nonappropriated Fund Instrumentalities are an equal opportunity employer.
usajobs.gov - 20 months ago
copy to clipboard
The Army is a key component of the U.S. Armed Forces, providing expeditionary land forces wherever and whenever they are required. Working...