The FMWRC mission is to create and maintain "FIRST CHOICE" MWR products and services for America's Army, essential to a ready, self-reliant force.
This position is located at Kilauea Military Camp on the Big Island of Hawaii in the Housekeeping Department cleaning all common areas of the facility.
This is an open continuous announcement to provide a ready pool of available applicants as a need for recruitment that occurs during 2013. Applications are only good for 3 months. In order to receive consideration throughout the year, you must reapply after 3 months for the next 3 month period.
- Direct Deposit is required
- Social Security card is required
- Physical examination is required
Cleans rooms, corridors, stairways, and other areas. Sweeps, mops, vacuums, scrubs, strips and polishes using light and heavy duty powered equipment. Operates industrial equipment to clean rugs, drapes, etc. Performs routine maintenance of equipment to clean rugs, drapes, etc. Performs routine maintenance of equipment. Cleans, disinfects and deodorizes toilet facilities. Cleans and dusts assigned areas. Empties trash. Makes beds and changes line. Washes walls, windows, blinds and ceiling fixtures using ladders, scaffolds and safety belt. Moves heavy furniture. Maintains stock of room and cleaning supplies to perform assigned duties.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Must have the ability to follow instructions and read signs. Must have a basic knowledge of common cleaning solvents, cleaning tools, and equipment. Must know the proper uses of a variety of special cleaning and sanitizing solutions, and must be able to remove different kinds of stains from a wide variety of surfaces. Must be able to troubleshoot, make adjustments, and perform minor repair and maintenance of equipment.
Required standing and walking on hard and carpeted surfaces with some bending, lifting, carrying, pushing and pulling of items or carts weighing up to 20 to 40 pounds, and occasionally over 50 pounds.
Conditions of employment:
1. A one-year probationary period may be required upon selection.
2. You must meet all qualification requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
3. E-Verify: If you are selected for this position, the documentation that you present for purposes of completing the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Form I-9 will be verified through the DHS "E-Verify" system. Federal Law requires DHS to use the E-Verify system to verify the employment eligibility of all new hires, and obligates the new hire to take affirmative steps to resolve any discrepancies identified by the system as a condition of continued employment. The U.S. Department of Army is an E-Verify Participant.
4. All required background check of AR 215-3 must be successfully completed and maintained. Satisfactory completion of a National Agency Check and Inquiries (NACI) that will be initiated prior to appointment to a NAF position.
5. Social Security Card must be presented at time of appointment.
6. Must be able to pass a physical exam.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Your qualifications will be evaluated on the following competencies: knowledge, skills, abilities, additional screening criteria, and other characteristics.
Nonappropriated Funds (NAF) Regular positions include the following NAF Benefits: Annual and Sick leave, Retirement Plan and 401(k) Plan, Health and Life Insurance, Long Term Care Plan Insurance and Flexible Spending Account. For additional benefits information please refer to http://www.armymwr.org/hr/nafbenefits/default.aspx .
Flexible On-Call positions are not entitled to benefits.
To successfully claim veteran's priority consideration, your resume/supplemental data must clearly show your entitlement. Please review the information listed under the Other Requirements link on this announcement or review our on-line Job Application Kit.
The Department of the Army provides reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please notify the servicing civilian personnel unit. Requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.
Refusal of a military spouse to participate in established recruitment procedures (e.g. interview, KSA's, where required, etc.) is considered a declination of employment and is a basis for termination of SEP entitlement for the current PCS of the sponsor. To claim Military Spouse Preference you must have been married to the sponsor prior to the reporting date on the orders.
Payment of Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs is not authorized, based on a determination that a PCS move is not in the Government interest.
The Department of Army Nonappropriated Fund Instrumentalities are an equal opportunity employer.
usajobs.gov - 21 months ago